Best budget turbo trainers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jahlive905

I recently had ACL reconstruction surgery and I'm not allowed to ride on the road for four months.

I am however, am allowed to ride a stationary bike. To get my fix, I want to purchase a turbo trainer. This is something temporary I will have, for the four months so I don't want to spend a small fortune.

Does anyone have any recommendation for a decent turbo trainer which is less than £50?

Cheers.

S-Express

If you're going to spend four months solid on a turbo, I would be looking at more than £50 budget tbh. Either that, or look for a used, quality setup..

stumpy66

Veteran
Try and get one second hand, more chance of getting something better quality. Plenty of folks buy them and then find it's not for them and sell them on

si_c

Guru
I got a turbo earlier this year after damaging my shoulder, I made the decision to get a cheaper smart trainer on the basis that I would do some structured training after recovery.

I ended up getting a Tacx Flow trainer which cost about 170quid from Halfords after discounts. I'm really glad I did as I used it as a dumb trainer initially and it bored me stupid after about 5 minutes. Ended up using zwift and it made a huge difference to how I view a turbo.

Top Bottom