Best Buff/Neckwarmer there is?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

itaa

Recently I bought a cheapo £2 neckwarmer to try this garment type out, and Instantly fell in love with it ( well with the idea/function of one ,not the crap synthetic one I bought).

Can you suggest which one is a really nice one, MUST BE Merino or Cashmere,
I looked at the Original Buff one http://www.wiggle.co.uk/buff-merino-wool/
however seems like its really really thin from the reviews online , my current cheapo is also really thin and it just lets the wind through... Must be something that is at least 55cm+ long, The Originall BUFF one is 65cm which would be ideal however not really sure if its suitable for any colder/windier days due to how thin it is.

I'm also playing around with the idea of just getting some cashmere jumper from thriftshop and making one myself as you can't really buy cashmere ones due to how expensive/rare they are, I have a few merino and a few cashmere jumpers, the cashmere is so so much warmer/better than merino when cycling even tho merino already is very gut material.

The Rover

Guru
Just in case you’ve forgotten that you’ve already asked this before!

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/anyone-wearing-neck-warmers-buff.226444/#post-5035615

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Alpkit or eBay. The Alpkit has been best for a merino so far. The EDZ stuff seems to grow holes and they won’t confirm whether their products are mulesing friendly. An abhorrent practice so I don’t buy their stuff anymore.

Unless merino states it is mulesing ethical or words to that effect, I don’t touch it.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
My favourite and best one is the original Cycle Chat Buff from a good few years back.

andrew_s

Legendary Member
When I worked in the antarctic, back in the mid 1980s, we were issued with an early buff-alike (probably army issue headovers, not the same as current), made of polypropylene, but a couple of gauges thicker than HH Lifa.
When it was properly cold, I'd use 3 or 4 of them - one round the face over the bridge of the nose, doubles, with a bandanna between the layers by way of windproofing, one round the neck, one folded in 4 as an earband, and one in skullcap mode if I wasn't wearing any alternative.

Top Bottom