Anyone Wearing Neck Warmers /Buff?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

itaa

was cycling tonight and the chill really got my face/neck area finally.
Thinking about getting one of those neck warmers/buff's , has anyone wore one? How are they? are they actually useful or just a gimmick?
a cheap one can be had for like £2 , while a good merino is about £20 ( btw I really love my other merino stuff so wouldn't hestitate paying 10x more if I also get superior performance ).
Are the cheap ones decent/good for the odd time or ?
maybe a suggestion for something nice & Good quality?

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
I've got a couple of cheap ones and they do for almost every occasion.
I've got a heavier weight one for the depths of winter that I bought when it was on offer, but I rarely need to wear it.

Mind you, I do have a bit of facial hair so that might help keep me warm too.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I have several buffs which were given away with cycling magazines and they are great, at least as good as the original Buff which I paid (I think?) about £10 for when they first came out.

Buffs and the clones are very versatile and effective. I use them a lot from October to March, often one round my neck and a second as a skull cap under my bike helmet.

Used one for a few years.

Full balaclava for me.

8AB1B72C-283D-4F88-92B8-E060889A71AE.jpeg

10 quid from Decathlon, sweet as a nut.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Buffs are brilliant... I tend to prefer the original buff... as some of the cheaper ones I've bought the tube has been too long or too tight. It's something the family can buy me as a present. I often leave one in a pocket of a coat that I can wear when walking, or to take on holiday as it takes up very little room.

I mostly wear them as a hat but on really cold days I'll wear another one around my neck.... I even have a fleecy one for sub zero temps.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Original buff for me, only comes out when the tenoerature gets to around 4 degrees, otherwise I rely on the formation of facial hair that may, in 6 months time, resemble a beard. At which point I'll shave it off as I'm too hot.

screenman

Legendary Member
I find a lot of the copies a bit tight around the neck, fine for the top of the head though. So genuine for around the neck here, great but if kit.

Top Bottom