Anyone Wearing Neck Warmers /Buff?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mrs M

Guru
I have a lighter and a heavier original buff.
Wear the lighter one around my neck then pull up over face when it’s cold.
Heavier one can be a bit too warm unless it’s Baltic :cold:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I have 3. 1 is very cheap, but does the job well enough, a 2nd one that is a winter one and is really warm, and a Buff one which is excellent. Whether you buy cheap and cheerful or expensive, they all do a good job and are well worth it.

As always, horses for courses. You may well buy a really cheap one and like it more than a more expensive one and vice versa.

But they are not gimmicks.

Great things, though it took meca while to discovery how useful they are after i had had them sitting in a drawer for a while. If you are slightly underdressed for the conditions they can make all the difference. Have a mixture of genuine buffs and cheapies/freebies, one or two with fleece bits, one expensive genuine one with genuine polartec fleece. Also recently acquired a thick army surplus green one for my bivvying/nightime housebreaking escapades.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Not cold enough yet. Got Buff, Merino and a smart AUK one for work and play.

Still in shorts at work and on the bike. Except yesterday. Left my shorts in a client’s fig tree. Snagged them somehow on a branch and they tore off me Benny Hill style. Client rolling around on the lawn laughing. Earned my bacon butty and mug of tea. Made a tiny mini skirt from the remains and got out of there smartish before the sequel to Lady Chatterley’s Lover made it’s debut.

Last edited:

pawl

Legendary Member
Wore mine once up to now as it was a bit chilly.

My problem is trying to remember how to twist and turn the dam thing into the various styles.
Have watched the video in the local outdoor shop.Bythe time I get home I have forgotten which bit twist or pull .
I have never bought one.All freebies with various mags.
Tight old git.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
I've a few and wear them loads - not just for cycling. Always have one in my coat pocket in winter. Keeping my neck warm is really important in keeping the rest of me warm. And I can fold one into a headband to keep my ears warm. Or if it's wet I might cover my head under my helmet.

One of mine is a Cyclechat one :smile:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
One of mine is a Cyclechat one :smile:
Ah, that reminds me ... I have a CycleChat buff somewhere but I haven't seen it for ages. I'll have to track it down.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I have the original buffs and polar buffs. I also have something similar by another maker. Best of all I have some rip off polar buff type warmers from Nettos. They were about 30 pence each and I cleared the shop of about 30 and gave them to friends and family for Christmas. That was 3 years ago and mine are still as good as new and are just as good as polar buffs. The original Buffs are far too expensive.

Its too warm for Polar Buffs at the moment but I have a thin one round my neck and another over my ears at this time of the year.

Jannie and I use them all the time when we are out walking in winter. More versatile than a scarf.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I have a polar Merino buff. The only time I’ve worn it, if was so hot that I took it off and used is a willy warmer...
I take a thin buff with me during the summer as a fly & bug filter, and for that ‘piratical highwayman’ look.

Top Bottom