Best custom frame builder

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
within 100 miles of DE14 postcode

Okay I'll explain, I haven't put this in bike buying advice because...... I'm not buying one :sad: I just want peoples opinions.... Best product, most heritage, Most helpful staff etc... I've put 100 miles of where I am as I would like to perhaps visit one of them in the future. I know I'm around 10 miles away from one and perhaps 25 miles away from another....... but who builds the best hand built frame? I reckon i could start a playground scrap here.... Fight.... fight.... fight

Edited to add: Big or small... in fact the smaller the better perhaps? Fred in a shed?

Last edited:
Brian Rourke is close ?

OP
OP
simon the viking
Lee Cooper just outside of Coventry in his garage
Cheers... good shout certainly an interesting looking set up... Not fred in a shed but perhaps a Gary in a garage!

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
The two that sprung to mind if I had the money were Chas Roberts and Lee Cooper. They're more that traditional style, gorgeous lugs and a certain period look to them. Chas is too far for you though.

Rourke are nice but Chris does tend towards the more modern style road frames, depends what you want. I suppose he'd build you a penny farthing with scroll work on the lugs though if you paid him!

Top Bottom