Best CX bike for £1000

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ricgreen

After some good advice I've decided it's a CX bike over a Road/Hybrid

So please give advice/help
On the best I can get for £1000ish

Thanks

goody

Veteran
The PlanetX ones look good not sure if you'd get a carbon cx bike for a grand anywhere else. Personally I'd spend a bit more and get one with hydraulic brakes as well. Some cx bikes will have a 46/36 chainset just somthing to bear in mind.

vickster

Legendary Member
One that you like the looks of and that fits you best ;)

For comfort and looks, I'd say a genesis croissant de fear hard to beat, not the lightest though

Value for money, maybe a Boardman team, especially with 10% off with British cycling membership

Are you racing cx or looking for a rugged drop bar commuter?

OP
OP
R

ricgreen

Hi vickster
At present I'm thinking of drop bar commuting.

But would want something to cover all options (if possible )

One thing I will be doing is charity rides

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
As vickster says, it depends what you want to use it for. I have a Canyon Inflite 8 and love it.
I use it on road rides and trail riding. I do wish ih had hydraulic brakes instead of echanical discs, but that'll be my first upgrade if i feel the urge.
It looks good too!!

goody

Veteran
I have a Cannondale CAADX which you could get for £1000 with 105 but wouldn't recommend it. The standard brakes and wheels are awful. Both changed at cost of 200ish for new brakes and 270 on a new wheelset. It's quite a comfortable bike I use it for Audax events. If I had the money I'd get another bike for long distance road rides (Rose Xeon or Canyon Endurace) and keep this for mixed trail/road rides.

vickster

Legendary Member
You'd be best with two sets of wheels for the different uses, or at the very minimum different tyres

OP
OP
R

ricgreen

Rose Xeon or Canyon Endurace

Would these bikes be suitable for some off road, woodland paths etc etc ?

Top Bottom