Best CX bike for £1000

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Woods are a bit much for a road bike I'd say
Canal paths, you'll just have to slow down if gravelly

Sounds like you need two bikes ;)

Wafer

Veteran
Pinnacle arkose 3
Focus mares ax 3.0
GT Grade 105

Several good options

OP
OP
R

ricgreen

Vickster
I'm getting off track slightly.

The bike definitely needs to do both road and some off road.

That's why my original choice was cx bike

Yes there will be lots of road and some off road.

Help

Wafer

Veteran
They are more cx bikes

I wouldn't take the canyon endurance off road, same size tyres as my road bike and I don't enjoy riding that along the canal and avoid certain bumpy roads. It can handle it, I just don't like it.

vickster

Legendary Member
Vickster
I'm getting off track slightly.

The bike definitely needs to do both road and some off road.

That's why my original choice was cx bike

Yes there will be lots of road and some off road.

Help
Go look at some and preferably go test ride, only you can know which is right. Don't get too hung up on specs, the frame and fit are key

OP
OP
R

ricgreen

Hi wafer

Just looked at those bikes and they are pretty Impressive to say the least.

If you could pick one
Which one ?

Thanks

Wafer

Veteran
Personally I like the look of the focus the most. Don't like the shape of the gt and I'm not quite sure about the pinnacle, not sat on any of them though so might change my mind if I did. Lots of bikes round that price point would be suitable, I've tended to avoid looking good at trek and specialized because I think they are quite pricey for the spec but they might be fine for you, work out what you like the look of and go try a few.

OP
OP
R

ricgreen

Thanks wafer
I like the look of the focus.

Trek does interest me as well.

Need to find out what Trek bike may come close to the focus
Regarding price/value and quality

Simontm

Veteran
Personally I like the look of the focus the most. Don't like the shape of the gt and I'm not quite sure about the pinnacle, not sat on any of them though so might change my mind if I did. Lots of bikes round that price point would be suitable, I've tended to avoid looking good at trek and specialized because I think they are quite pricey for the spec but they might be fine for you, work out what you like the look of and go try a few.

Have to say I was the same about Specialized and was heading down the Merida or Boardman route when the guys at Geoffrey Butler suggested that if I see a Diverge to have a go.
So I did, I loved the feel of it and got the A1 Sport, despite the Sora spec. Not strictly a CX bike but happily take it over the Coverts and other woodland paths.

Mike!

Guru
What size are you? I will shortly be selling up a 54cm Forme Calver CX Sport which is in extremely good nick (done 230.7 miles all on road). thought it would be the commuter for me but i'm going between my Hybrid and full on roadie for that and the Forme isn't being used.

Top Bottom