Best CX bike for £1000

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ricgreen

After some good advice I've decided it's a CX bike over a Road/Hybrid

So please give advice/help
On the best I can get for £1000ish

Thanks

goody

Veteran
The PlanetX ones look good not sure if you'd get a carbon cx bike for a grand anywhere else. Personally I'd spend a bit more and get one with hydraulic brakes as well. Some cx bikes will have a 46/36 chainset just somthing to bear in mind.

vickster

Legendary Member
One that you like the looks of and that fits you best ;)

For comfort and looks, I'd say a genesis croissant de fear hard to beat, not the lightest though

Value for money, maybe a Boardman team, especially with 10% off with British cycling membership

Are you racing cx or looking for a rugged drop bar commuter?

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I have a PX CX and love him to bits. He's my go anywhere in any weather bike.

OP
OP
R

ricgreen

Hi vickster
At present I'm thinking of drop bar commuting.

But would want something to cover all options (if possible )

One thing I will be doing is charity rides

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
As vickster says, it depends what you want to use it for. I have a Canyon Inflite 8 and love it.
I use it on road rides and trail riding. I do wish ih had hydraulic brakes instead of echanical discs, but that'll be my first upgrade if i feel the urge.
It looks good too!!

goody

Veteran
I have a Cannondale CAADX which you could get for £1000 with 105 but wouldn't recommend it. The standard brakes and wheels are awful. Both changed at cost of 200ish for new brakes and 270 on a new wheelset. It's quite a comfortable bike I use it for Audax events. If I had the money I'd get another bike for long distance road rides (Rose Xeon or Canyon Endurace) and keep this for mixed trail/road rides.

vickster

Legendary Member
You'd be best with two sets of wheels for the different uses, or at the very minimum different tyres

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Would like to use it for road charity events and off road trail races
I've still got knobbly tyres on but need to get something slightly slicker (possibly with some lime green on them), go faster tyres, for the summer.

OP
OP
R

ricgreen

Rose Xeon or Canyon Endurace

Would these bikes be suitable for some off road, woodland paths etc etc ?

Top Bottom