Best Endurance disc bike for £2000?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

adamangler

Veteran
Hi chaps, i currently ride a planet x ec130. I like the bike a lot, but its very much a racy type bike.

I fancy an endurance bike with discs for a winter bike. Not that its just for winter as i have an old winter bike i could use just for really horrible days but also just to have something different, i fancy a more upright position for longer days in the saddle, and discs..well i just want them for a change really, and another bike i suppose...

So whats the best bike currently for £2k (max budget if i can spend closer to 1500 i would prefer)

On my list are Spec Roubaix, Giant defy and cannondale synapse

The future shock on the roubaix looks interesting, wonder what its like in use?

any others i should be lucking at ? and is there much in it with the above or should i just go with what i like the look of.....

thanks

Drago

Legendary Member
Best in what regard?

13 rider

Guru
I ride a defy and love it so I vote Defy . Both giant and specialized offer lifetime frame warrenty which is something to consider ,Cannondale I believe is a 3 year warrenty . All bike at that price range will be good quality so it going to be a person choice . Test rides if you can

lane

Veteran
Most comfortable i would say, weight and spec are a secondary consideration

In which case the Spa Elan is worth a look. Whatever else you might say about it, it does have reputation for being very comfortable. It is also within your budget. A good long test ride can certainly be had at Spa Cycles.

MachersMan

The Defy in my avatar is an advanced pro 3 and Paul's Cycles still have one a L size in their clearance bikes for £1300.

Nebulous

Guru
Something slightly different - though there are a few of them around these parts. Should get it for less than that. I've no idea what is happening for 2019, or when the new one will be coming out.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Spa Cycles Elan (Ti) fits your budget and purposes.

OP
OP
adamangler

adamangler

Veteran
Cheers guys, don't like the look of the elan.. looks like alloy (I know it's ti) I want a carbon frame (I know I didn't say this)

Yes looks is a big factor as well

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Depending on size needed, this company close to you in Halifax have the Gen Eq 20 2018 for £1400

I'm glad they don't have the XL available. That's a very nice bike for the money IMO & think I'd be tempted, not that I need, or have room for another bike at the mo :whistle:

Top Bottom