best endurance saddle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Part time cyclist

Über Member
Hi I have just bought a giant defy 2 and the white stock saddle is bloody rock hard whats the best endurance saddle to replace this with????

Thanks in advance

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
There is no one answer. What works for me might be purgatory for you! Tricky but try some. Borrow mates' bikes if you can. Many like the Charge Spoon. Brooks have many fans. I scour the Internet for old Turbomatics. I have never found anything better for me!

S-Express

cb2f994b1fc25f0beb20a0ec3884367e801aa5e9f48da6a3f15d91a3ef468b97.jpg

Sharky

Guru
Is it the saddle on your avatar picture? It could be in need of a tweak to the saddle tilt. Try a very slight tilt down at the nose of the saddle.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
I used a Charge Spoon for my first ever DD ride and boy was my arse sore for the last 20-30 miles. For shorter rides it would most likely be fine. Ive seen the Charge Knife and the Selle Italia Max Flite Gel Flow Saddle get recommended a lot..

I bought and fitted the Selle Italia a few days ago but not had a chance to take the bike out for a spin due to the adverse weather conditions outside. The Selle should work better for me as it has a hole cut right in the middle of the saddle right where I was hurting.

Everyone is different. Just try and find the best one for you.

I've got a Selle Italia gel saddle on my long distance bike.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/selle-itali...|pcrid|67090789382|pkw||pmt||prd|5360402975uk

It's still comfy after 150+ mile rides, and looks quite nice too.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@Part time cyclist have a look at the Selle smp range and if you fancy any of them its worth getting in touch with the uk importers Dillglove uk (i think) as they will loan one out for at least 2 weeks with a deposit .

I use the lite 209's on my main bikes and then another model on my commuters

Brooks - I use the B17 imperial (the one with a cut out)
Moulds to the shape of your backside - what could be more comfy than that ?

Top Bottom