Best ever kids shows growing up.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Thomas the Tank Engine isn't what it was. All gone CGI and PC - no 'fat controller' now ! Oh and a new silly tune. The old one was great with all the models.

Let me see...

The Double Deckers (gave us Aswad)
The Banana Splits Good old LSD-fuelled shenanigans. I still want to drive a banana buggy:okay:!!
Any Gerry Anderson show but especially Thunderbirds. Got dead serious when Virgil's eyebrows met.
The Tomorrow People. Even today, I think 'jaunt me in Tim' whenever I meet people called Tim.
Robinson Crusoe. Imported B&W 'filler serial' that went on for about 500 episodes during those long, long hot summer holidays^_^
The Wombles. Just hearing the theme reduces me to being about 7.
Swap Shop. The legendary Tiswas wasn't available in Tyne Tees land until the late 70's, so Swap Shop was for me.
I am sure there was a French b/w "scripted reality" docudrama about pygmies in the Congo. They built a snazzy suspension bridge out of Tarzan vines.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
We did not have a TV, until I was 11, (1958), so, I never watched any of the "kindergarten" stuff.

Only ones I remember are Blue Peter and Crackerjack, so, I suppose they must have been my favourites ;)

Last edited:

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
I wrote to Jim and asked him if I could meet Stewart Hall.
Fortunately he never replied :rolleyes:
Today, that would be classed as a 'near miss'.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Timeslip.

Fabulous show but does anyone here over 50 still find it hard to pass by a concrete post/wire mesh fence without thinking of time travel:whistle:.

stephec

Legendary Member
My second list -

Mr Benn
The Flumps
The Wombles
The Tomorrow People
Joe 90
UFO, was that really a kids show?

And definitely not a kids show, but I loved watching it when I was a kid, The Professionals.

Top Bottom