Best everyday, p******e resistant 700x23c tyre?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
mrmacmusic

mrmacmusic

Veteran
Each to their own of course! I like the weight saving it does make a difference uphill, the rubber is nice and lithe and the tyre does have Raceguard protection. As I said, I've taken them on far worse surface than road and no issues yet.

I like how they look, most of all.
Well, I reckon the Durano Plus look OK... don't you? The rubber feels nice too, if that actually accounts for anything :whistle:

duranoplus.jpg

I must say they went on a treat too – much easier to fit than those Marathon+ I had on the old Flight :huh:

I'm not overly pre-occupied with the whole weight thing, and just hope that these give me a similar "reliability factor" to what I've had with the Marathon+ tyres on the Flight. However, just in case anyone's interested, I've only added 300g compared to the original factory-fitted Bontrager tyres :thumbsup:

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
I think alot depends on your commute etc. I suppose I got not bad mileage out the Pro3's . They were bought back in March and until now were problem free, they were of course through to the threads on the rear ^_^ However winter is totally different kettle of fish, you want something a bit more sturdy and puncture resistant, don`t want punctures in the pitch black, think more safety. Come spring I will get some light weight tyres back on. In all seriousness you do notice a difference in ride quality with lightweight folding tyres, I switched to M+ in a 25mm size last winter and they were very sketchy in terms of grip.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Well I have this feeling that I might not be getting these anytime soon! Ribble appear to now have no stock of these tyres and mine have yet to dispatch! Ordered Thu last week so if they don`t arrive today then defo something a miss??

OP
OP
mrmacmusic

mrmacmusic

Veteran
Well I have this feeling that I might not be getting these anytime soon! Ribble appear to now have no stock of these tyres and mine have yet to dispatch! Ordered Thu last week so if they don`t arrive today then defo something a miss??
I would pop a quick email off to them with you order number asking what's up... as mentioned above, mine were delayed but Ribble refunded the Next Day postage I chose to pay, so they definitely get a :thumbsup: from me for service.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Already popped an e-mail off to them over the weekend, second e-mail away today as the status has changed again?? They don`t do phone calls this week neither :sad: Can see me cancelling and ordering the Bonty hard cases from allterrain.

Ok got answer back on 2nd attempt and they have dispatched as well?

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
I would pop a quick email off to them with you order number asking what's up... as mentioned above, mine were delayed but Ribble refunded the Next Day postage I chose to pay, so they definitely get a :thumbsup: from me for service.

just out of interest who delivers? Royal Mail ( or hopefully not a courier) ?

potsy

Rambler
Only ordered a couple of times from Ribble (picked stuff up from there when I was up that way too) but I'm pretty sure it was RM.

Have you commuted on the bike yet Mac?

OP
OP
mrmacmusic

mrmacmusic

Veteran
Well, first commute under my belt and no unscheduled deflations! Long may it continue :thumbsup:

In case you're interested, I posted over in the Commuting thread about my first commute on the Madone – it was an interesting experience :whistle:

Top Bottom