Best everyday, p******e resistant 700x23c tyre?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Shoulda got the durano s folding, 225g each!

me thinks the extra 400g could be lost elsewhere :laugh: if you know what I mean. Lets face it unless you are a weight weenie and weigh about 8 stone then the extra 400g is going to make cock all difference!

OP
OP
mrmacmusic

mrmacmusic

Veteran
Why? The Durano S is less durable than the standard Durano (according to Schwalbe), and doesn't have the SmartGuard protective layer in it... I think I can live with the extra 100g or so extra weight per tyre over the standard folding Durano Plus, and I do like the reflective 'London' print on the sidewalls too :thumbsup:

Cyclist33

Each to their own of course! I like the weight saving it does make a difference uphill, the rubber is nice and lithe and the tyre does have Raceguard protection. As I said, I've taken them on far worse surface than road and no issues yet.

I like how they look, most of all.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Each to their own of course! I like the weight saving it does make a difference uphill, the rubber is nice and lithe and the tyre does have Raceguard protection. As I said, I've taken them on far worse surface than road and no issues yet.

I quite like the look of my Michelin Pro3's as well but they don't last that long on a commuter, well certainly not mine, in fact the pro2's were best. For winter you really need something bomb proof, hope the Durano Plus live up to that?

PpPete

Legendary Member
The Michelin Pro 4 Endurance 700x23 is only 225 grams and if the predecessor Krylion is anything to go by it's going to last nearer 3000 miles

U

User6179

I was looking at durano s ,i believe its the stelvio renamed which is more like the ultremo than the durano , tell me what sort of milage do you get out of them?

D

Deleted member 1258

I like my Bontrager Race Lite Hardcases, I've been using them for a few years now and they've served me well.

endoman

Pro 3's on one set of wheels, since Feb, around 3500 miles zero punctures, Pro 4's on another, 2000 miles ish, zero punctures, mostly training and club rides, but there is some commuting in there as well,
Have some new free Lithion 2's lined up for winter, then will be pro 4's again for next year.

Top Bottom