Best everyday, p******e resistant 700x23c tyre?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
mrmacmusic

mrmacmusic

Veteran
A bike like the Madone should really wear tyres like Michelin Krylion Carbon or their replacements.
That would be the Pro4 Endurance, yes?

I've these on my nice bike and they're worth it. On my main commuter though I've the Bonty's and they've been great for 4+ thousand miles with one puncture.
You mean the previously mentioned Race Lite Hardcase tyres? Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it:whistle: ), the Madone will be both my nice bike and my everyday bike... I think I'd rather err on the side of superior puncture protection over outright performance or weight, so perhaps the Bontrager (or indeed the Durano+) would be the best option?

OP
OP
mrmacmusic

mrmacmusic

Veteran
Thanks everyone... I've decided to give the Schwalbe Durano+ a whirl and see how they go. At £17-ish a pop for the special 'London' Edition (via Ribble), and with my previous experience of the Marathon+, I'm hoping it will turn out to be money well spent.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Are the London Editons the same as the normal ones?? Interested to know as my Michelin Pro3's are goosed, as in the rear is threadbare and two deflations on front and rear this morning I will be needing new tyres. Luckily I have one Marathon + in the garage and another partly worn tyre to see me through this week but need tyres pronto! Where is the cheapest for the Durano's? I know about the hardcases but info seems sketchy on the wear??

OP
OP
mrmacmusic

mrmacmusic

Veteran
Are the London Editons the same as the normal ones?? Interested to know as my Michelin Pro3's are goosed, as in the rear is threadbare and two deflations on front and rear this morning I will be needing new tyres. Luckily I have one Marathon + in the garage and another partly worn tyre to see me through this week but need tyres pronto! Where is the cheapest for the Durano's? I know about the hardcases but info seems sketchy on the wear??
My presumption is that the Durano Plus 'London Edition' is the same as the normal Durano Plus apart from the limited edition 'London' print on the sidewall... I've not read anything to suggest it's not. Ordered mine via Ribble, and as I was buying 2 (which took my basket total over the £35 threshold for extra discount) they were ~£17 each.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
My presumption is that the Durano Plus 'London Edition' is the same as the normal Durano Plus apart from the limited edition 'London' print on the sidewall... I've not read anything to suggest it's not. Ordered mine via Ribble, and as I was buying 2 (which took my basket total over the £35 threshold for extra discount) they were ~£17 each.

I was looking at these and as far as I can tell the London ones are wire bead and not folding.

OP
OP
mrmacmusic

mrmacmusic

Veteran
The wired one's OK though, right? (I'm presuming it's a bit heavier). The tyre spec says it has the Smartguard layer in it...

Zakalwe

A colleague was recommended the London tyre after a blowout on the way to work. Had another one on the way home so he wasn't too impressed. He never seems to have much luck though that guy.

BSRU

A Human Being
You're going to notice a significant difference, I tried M+ tyres while waiting for a new set of GP 4 seasons to arrive and by the third day I wish I had paid the extra for next day courier delivery.

Top Bottom