Best freewheel for a singlespeed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jim55

Guru
im looking for a free wheel just now as well , are the s.a ones ok then ss retro?iv had dicta and it ran ok ,a bit clicky but ok ,i want a quiet one thats not like a lolly stick in the spokes

SS Retro

im looking for a free wheel just now as well , are the s.a ones ok then ss retro?iv had dicta and it ran ok ,a bit clicky but ok ,i want a quiet one thats not like a lolly stick in the spokes
Well I found it to be much better than a shimano mx, obviously its not up to the hope standards occasional I lay the bike on its side and put a few drops of Muc of wet lube in the gap around the cover this seems to keep it nice and quiet.
sa001.jpg

apb

Veteran
Was doing some bike cleaning today and noticed my shimano freewheel is warped. It's only a few months old.. I would say from hard use it's bent a little. Since the chains not falling off it's not a big issue. Think I'm going to get a token freewheel next as white industries is only suitable with a 3/32 chain. SJS sell a token freewheel that is 1/8 compatible.

Star Strider

Was doing some bike cleaning today and noticed my shimano freewheel is warped. It's only a few months old.. I would say from hard use it's bent a little. Since the chains not falling off it's not a big issue. Think I'm going to get a token freewheel next as white industries is only suitable with a 3/32 chain. SJS sell a token freewheel that is 1/8 compatible.
1/8 chain ring, 1/8 chain and 3/32 rear sprocket will still work.

It would only be a problem if you were trying to wrap a 3/32 chain over a 1/8 freewheel or sprocket.

Reactions: apb
Top Bottom