Best gig you ever went to?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Possibly a butthole surfers gig, I can't remember when it was. Or where. But I do remember a group of people using a goth as a battering ram, so I think that has to get top place just for that.

-Massive Attack at Glastonbury 1994.
-Dropkick Murphys Bristol Students Union 2006.
-Unknown Quartet in Prague, Valentines 2005.

taxing

DavieB said:
Im 30 and have never been to a gig ;) wanted to go see gaslight anthem but it sold out :welcome:

They're coming back in October/November and tickets only went on sale on Friday, get in there!

Reel Big Fish, Leeds Festival, 2006
Gaslight Anthem, Manchester Academy, last week!

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
My list would still be much the same as the one I put on the last of these threads (below), but I notice a few of my other faves have been posted here...
Reading '97: Check. Possibly Mr Hetfield's best-ever onstage quip: 'You are Reading. We are Metallica, and we play heavy f***ing music'.
ZZ Top on the Mescalero tour: Yup, great show, despite some pillock right behind me singing (loudly and badly) during 'Cheap Sunglasses'.
Nirvana '92. Yes, it was as good as legend says.

And mine (in no order of preference):
Ministry. Absolutely every show in London was brilliant, by a nose I'd go for the second of the two in 2003.
Einstürzende Neubauten: 2 3/4 hours of every song I wanted to hear in the setlist, and then some.
Rammstein: Again, all of them, 2001 Brixton must get a nod just for being the first time, a jaw-dropping experience, but Wembley this year demonstrated they haven't lost the ability to raise their own preposterous ante. 23 tons of pyro for Knebworth.....looking forward to that!
Metallica, Download '06. Master of Puppets in full. And a hilarious call/response bit....
Jean-Michel Jarre, Versailles 1993. The guy who practically invented epic stage production, in his home city. Made U2's Zooropa tour look small, in so many ways...

One new addition: Atari Teenage Riot, Electric Ballroom 2010. Louder, angrier & more intense than they were the first time around, if that were possible. They should be on the bill at Sonisphere, not Pendulum....

Brahan

Über Member
Ozzfest 1998 - The Bowl in Milton Keynes.

Ozzy - Black Sabbath - Pantera - Slayer - Foo Fighters - Therapy (who stood in for Korn) - Fear Factory - Soul Fly.

The whole day was a pure metal fest and definitely the best gig I have ever been to. Pantera were at the top of their game at the time and the rush that everyone made to get to the front of the stage when Dimebag made his guitar squeal still gives me goosebumps.

PaulB

Legendary Member
guitarpete247 said:
Alberto Y Los Trios Paranois.

I used to LOVE them! I saw them five times in all and used to roar with laughter. They were brilliant and funny. An unbeatable combination. I remember they released 'Heads down no nonsense mindless boogie' as a spoof heavy metal song and it became a big hit because it was bought by genuine heavy metal fans who believed it was a proper 'metal' song! Superb stuff!

tyred

Legendary Member
I would have to say The Saw Doctors. They do a wonderful live show imo.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Rhythm Thief said:
...Koko's in Camden Town (which, incidentally, is the club that Bon Scott was drinking at on the night he died...

Just watching an AC/DC DVD last night - although generally the film was of poor quality there was some great Bon Scott footage. :smile:

tyred

Legendary Member
Flying_Monkey said:
Friend of a friend is in that band. I thought everyone over there had forgotten they ever existed...

I saw them for the second time on Saturday night. They never get much radio airtime but they always get a good crowd and they still get into the charts. I'm not an obsessive fan by any means but I definitely think their live performances are fantastic and I'd go again without hesitiation.

Top Bottom