Best looking car of all time.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pplpilot

Guru
That'd do it for me, but in particular the cabriolet :wub:

View attachment 95053

There's something really cool about the French lifestyle of this era.

Alain Delon strolling down the banks of the Seine in the summer, smoking 80 Gitanes a day, several bottles of red and shagging every French speaking star aged over 16 from Paris to Marseille and back again.

Back to his flat overlooking the Eiffell Tower to rustle up a fruits de mer, coq au vin & creme brûlée for the wife, all against a backdrop of a Serge Gainsbourg soundtrack.

We had bread strikes, power cuts and Tyne Brand curry in a can. And Austin Allegros.

Mattonsea

Über Member
Lancia-Delta-Integrale-13.jpg

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
I always had a liking for the lower rent ferrari, the Fiat Coupe

Coupe-2.0-20V-Turbo-1.jpg

I've owned many VW golfs too and still think there is something special about a nice example mark 1.

Certainly the new 'mini is.
It's roof may approach the width of the mini but the rest is huge.

The original mini was a marvel of space-efficiency, with an unrivalled interior volume/exterior volume (ie the box it came in.)
The modern one seems to conspicuously waste space like the designers really didn't understand the original, and were merely taking styling cues. Are there any modern cars with Tardis-like design?

There's something really cool about the French lifestyle of this era.

Alain Delon strolling down the banks of the Seine in the summer, smoking 80 Gitanes a day, several bottles of red and shagging every French speaking star aged over 16 from Paris to Marseille and back again.

Back to his flat overlooking the Eiffell Tower to rustle up a fruits de mer, coq au vin & creme brûlée for the wife, all against a backdrop of a Serge Gainsbourg soundtrack.

We had bread strikes, power cuts and Tyne Brand curry in a can. And Austin Allegros.

Ahh Paris, the summer of 63, a Citroen DS, Presiden De Gaulle, a Chatellerault 24/29 machine gun with 140 rounds of 7.62. I remember it well....

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Some good contenders here.
I am not sure but at least these need to be in contention-

When Volvos had style.

I was going to say that the absence of a picture proved my contention that Volvo's never had style when the picture (re)appeared. Not that I think it has style.

In any case, it's hard to tell if a car has style when its headlights are blinding you.

{edit, oh look, its disappeared again.}

Top Bottom