Best looking car of all time.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Racing car, it has to be the Ferrari P4

15-glorious-photos-of-the-legendary-ferrari-p4.jpg
I find that a bit OTT...almost like a parody of a Ferrari, everything just taken to excess.

On the 'best of TG' prog that was on last night, they featured this...

6912.jpg

.....the hybrid 'La Ferrari' - which seems to me to stay just this side of the line. (And is, moreover, a snip at just £1 million.)

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
On the overwhelming majority of cars, they tail-lights don't illuminate with them
So, when it's getting dark, they're lots of Numpties, who are driving about with no rear lighting
As far as they're concerned, they can see a reflection from the vehicle in front , c/o DRL, ergo; the lights are on
(& part of that issue, is that again, a fair few cars instruments are permanently lit)

Most around here think they have to have their headlights on all the time. I totally agree on the permanently lit dashboards. You get little indication that you haven't got your lights on. The whole concept needs a major rethink.

Oh yes, Mk1 RS3100 please:hyper:
When I was younger, I went out with a girl who lived in Blackheath; "Daddy" was something in the city.
Her parents bought her brother an RS3100 Capri for his 18th birthday.
I must say it was a little faster than my 10 year old Hillman imp.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
When I was younger, I went out with a girl who lived in Blackheath; "Daddy" was something in the city.
Her parents bought her brother an RS3100 Capri for his 18th birthday.
I must say it was a little faster than my 10 year old Hillman imp.

A colleague who raced his Capri wanted to swap it for my Dolly, I politely declined.

Levo-Lon

Guru
I find that a bit OTT...almost like a parody of a Ferrari, everything just taken to excess.

On the 'best of TG' prog that was on last night, they featured this...

View attachment 95134

.....the hybrid 'La Ferrari' - which seems to me to stay just this side of the line. (And is, moreover, a snip at just £1 million.)

you watched TG !!! well well well ,that must heve been hell for you swee pea LOL cool car and could be the winner in this thread for me, in fact Yes thats just gorgeous

I'd agree there are times when a little more power is needed - joining fast busy roads from a slipway or from a lay-by can be difficult. But otherwise needing 'to get out of trouble' says to me a lack of anticipation in the first place.
With overtaking, the XK8 performance enables you to utilise smaller gaps in oncoming traffic, with less power it doesn't have to be any more hazardous, you just need bigger gaps and more patience and anticipation to wait for them. The patience bit seems sadly lacking sometimes.
Okay, perhaps 'Get Out Of Trouble' was the wrong phrase, as most overtakes could be done very rapidly (if you selected the gear you wanted, & removed the ever so slight hesitation of the auto-box)

Top Bottom