Best music provider (or are they all the same)??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Aren't they shutting down the iTunes store in the near future?

I half heard something on the radio the other day to that effect.

Phew: https://loudwire.com/apple-breaks-up-itunes-what-happens-music/

keithmac

Guru
We have Sonos in most rooms and Deezer Premium (or whatever they call it now) works very well!..

Kitchen and Living room have Alexa control and they work fine on Deezer.

MiK1138

Veteran
I thought you could have a free Spotify account that plays adverts every third song? I had that for a while and also had playlists, maybe its changed.

I now pay for Spotify and think it's pretty good, Amazon Prime unlimited is the same price and I think they have around the same song coverage.
you can listen to Spotify free but you cant link to your Amazon Dot without premium account

You could always use good old iTunes if you want music to buy rather than stream. You can also use Amazon music, about the same price. ITunes let's you import any of your own CDs in a high resolution format.
I recently bought an old iPod classic off eBay for forty quid which had 16,000 songs on it. Best purchase I ever made and I'm still discovering what's inside.
The streaming services seem to be much of a muchness but here's a run down;
https://www.pcmag.com/roundup/260966/the-best-online-music-streaming-services

I left my ipod 160gb classic in a taxi when on a short break to seville.I was gutted especially when they don't make them anymore.
I use youtube as i prefer to download songs(for free)

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I do like the old iPods @The Central Scrutinizer . The sound quality is excellent with a good pair of 'phones. Did you know that Apple have just brought out a new iPod touch? I will stick to my old classic for now though and I have a unit which converts the HDD to SD storage which will make it much faster to use.

Cycleops
Luckily enough i still had all my music on my itunes library.
Excellent sound as it was on the classic i didn't want to take a chance on ebay as the second hand classics were still going for a lot of dosh.
I bought a 16gb sony walkman mp3 and put a 128gb sd card in it which gives me a large enough memory.
I use the walkman with some akg on the ear headphones and it's a very good sound but the os(media go)is not as user friendly as itunes.
I have seen the new ipod touch but now i have the walkman i won't be splashing the cash for one even though the reviews are very good.

Top Bottom