Best one liner shouted at me

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sam Kennedy

I was out on Saturday and had the wittiest one liner shouted at me:

"bleeaaeaaaaaaaarr".

Honestly, how do they expect me to understand what they say in the 1/10th of a second they are next to me? :smile:

I liked it when a car pulled up next to me at some traffic lights. I could see the woman in the passenger seat disagreeing with her boyfriend (who was driving) about something, when his head popped out of his window and he said "she wants your phone number, mate". She looked so embarrassed, but I was well chuffed.:smile:

Passing through Kentish Town last Saturday night, with a few of the regulars on here, we were brought to an abrupt halt by a car cutting in and stopping.

"This is a road mate - not a cycle track"

It was a video moment but, alas...

Armegatron

Riding past a bloke teaching his mrs to drive. She shouted "Can I use your bike, he's doing my head in" :smile:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
That's nothing.:tongue:.. on a Southend FNRttC we had some one call us a bunch of w.....s whilst throwing a bottle of piss at us.

threebikesmcginty said:
On the northern FNRttC someone shouted 'you sad bunch of *****' at us - hilarious!

I was riding my first home built recumbent in to Leicester years ago and passing a building site some bloke shouted "you must have had the plans upside down, mate!"

Made me smile.

taxing

This weekend a teenage girl shouted "I like your bike!" at me and waved. It was nice. :tongue:

I also laughed as I rode past a cyclidiot and a moton arguing (they'd both been a bit daft but not dangerous) and heard the moton shout "'kin GAY BIKE!" at the woman as she rode off. Yeah, that told her mate.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
HLaB said:
The only times I have been able to make out what drivers are saying is when I pass a 5 mile tail back to the Forth Road Bridge; I usually get the shout of 'can you give us a backie' :-)

;) "Gie'us a backie" - funny that, I had that twice last week ... must be something in the air in Edinburgh

T

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
I've had a few "Phwoars" from women along the quayside a few times, which always makes me smile, but the funniest one was from a sweet old lady in a wheel chair who shouted ..." Gis a tow" which made me laugh

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
NormanD said:
I've had a few "Phwoars" from women along the quayside a few times, which always makes me smile, but the funniest one was from a sweet old lady in a wheel chair who shouted ..." Gis a tow" which made me laugh

;) That's the best one yet

T

Ravenbait

Someone's imaginary friend
Two days ago a cab driver leaned out of his window and helpfully observed that I was riding in a bus lane. I'm not sure whether he thought this was news to me or what.

Best one ever, although not strictly a one-liner, was on the Dumb Run (the first one, I think). 1:30am or thereabouts on the outskirts of Cumbernauld, we'd stopped under a road sign to check the map and this car screeches to a stop with Aerosmith blaring from inside. The driver winds down the passenger window, scoots across the seat, leans halfway out of the window and regales us four astonished cyclists to 30 seconds of I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing before retreating like a snail with a poked eye and screeching off again.

We get some absolute classics on the Dumb Run. Scotland's central belt in the wee hours of a summer Sunday morning is one of the most surreal places in the universe.

Sam

Top Bottom