Best place to sell a bike apart from ebay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

400bhp

Guru
I've only sold on eBay, never any success anywhere else apart from a £60 cheapie sold on Gumtree

You'll get a bigger audience and a greater price on eBay if what you are selling is in demand (modern roadie, hybrid), enough more to cover the fees. Forget paypal, deposit only, cash on collection. Make a receipt, two copies signed by you and buyer
Yep thats about it. You are in essence paying for a bigger audience and the relative ease of use.

400bhp

Guru
SCAM tip
don't accept a PayPal payment - and then a Collection in person

the buyer will say he never got it
and with all the signed receipts in the world - PayPal will STILL refund him the money
You just need to ask the buyer to bring photo id. Then take a scan of it or a photo of it.

Das

Regular
Gumtree, and there are plenty of Facebook pages for selling things in your local area including many Cycling selling specific pages.

Leodis

Veteran
Sold a couple on eBay and one on Gumtree. eBay fleeces you near 20% inc PayPal but you pay for the audience but it’s just not worth it imho anymore. Gumtree was ok, guy turned up and started bartering with me in my kitchen lol ended up selling a Whyte Stirling 2014 with loads of upgrades for £690 but least didn’t have eBay fees to deduct as well.

Next time I will use Gumtree or Club buy & sell FB page.

Top Bottom