Best places you've ever cycled

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
I haven't taken the bike to that many places, but I'm lucky enough to have this on my doorstep:
DSC02560.JPG

DSC01605.JPG

DSC01642.JPG

I also think that the Lake District is a pretty fabulous place to ride:
DSC01808.JPG

OP
OP
openroad

openroad

I haven't taken the bike to that many places, but I'm lucky enough to have this on my doorstep:
View attachment 38713
View attachment 38714
View attachment 38716

I also think that the Lake District is a pretty fabulous place to ride:
View attachment 38717
Wow looks like a great place to be!!

Leaway2

Lycrist
I was based at San Francisco airport a few years ago. At weekends, I used to ride over the Golden gate and down into Sausalito. Riding across the bridge in the was pretty good esp when the fog was rolling in down the centre. Foggy in the middle, bright sunshine either side.

alans

black belt lounge lizard
A difficult choice to make from the available rides in various locations BUT I think it would have to be the short ride from the Bettyhill Hotel to the Crask Inn.
Stunning scenery,quiet road & the unique pub-in-the-middle-of-nowhere-at-the-top-of-a-hill.

An extremely close second (by the depth of a coat of paint) for the same reasons would be the ride from Reeth to the Tan Hill Inn.

As I type this it occurs to me that both those pubs are at the top a hill.I don't like hills.
Or perhaps I do & don't know it?
Am I in hill-denial??

Last edited:
Cities, Berlin. Countryside, France, northern France around Normandy is a lot like Norfolk.

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
"Here" and a photo doesn't really help us much folks.......

How about "Here, in (wherever)" ?
Was just seeing if anyone reckernised it, or would hazard a guess. South east France, near a small town call Die. Too many morbid jokes... many more photos in the blog linked in the signature.

Have A holiday home in mid France between Limoges and Brive. Again the scenery particularly up in the hills is magnificent and the drivers actually make room for cyclists. Spectacular if a little knackering. One of the biggest problemsistoo big a lunch and then making it home.

Cavalol

Legendary Member
I'm not very well travelled (cycle wise) sorry but recent (last year) highlights for me were riding to Oulton Park via Delamere Forest and doing a few laps of the racing circuit. Also the LCL bike ride was great just for coming back into daylight again at the Liverpool end of the tunnel and getting applauded by the public and other cyclists, which (applauding) everyone received.

Top Bottom