Best Puncture Tyre For A 700 x 23c?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Bontrager racelite hardcase, bombproof coming up for a year now(fingers crossed).

I use the all-weather version rather than racelite and have been impressed - after a recommendation from fellow forumite Zacklaws.

Tynan

Veteran
yay, another tyre thread where everyone posts whatever they're using without stating mileage, style, pressures, maintenance, bike etc etc

conti super sports plus

jig-sore

Formerly the anorak
cant have the marathon+ due to the size of my road tyre so does anyone else have any suggestions for my tyre size 700x23c?

im not understanding why you think you are limited to a 700x23 ?? is this by choice for lack of clearance in the frame.

all of my road frames will manage a 700x28 at the very least.

you dont have to match the tyres size thats already on the bike "just because"

PS: the 23 represents the approximate width of the tyre in MM 23=23mm 28=28mm etc etc. its only the 700 bit that you need to stick to

Rebel Ian

I think it's purely down to luck! I did 1500 miles on crappy Vittoria Zaffiro tyres without one single flat. For my LEJoG ride I invested in kevlar lined Continental Gatorskins and whilst I love them for their low rolling resistance I got two punctures in 4 days - one rear, one front.

Tynan

Veteran
gatorskins are shoot, that's why

Top Bottom