Best Road Bike (Drop down bar) within £500 - I have a few bikes in mind

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KMKM

What do people recommend as a very good / best Road Bike (Drop down bar) within £500.

At the moment I have in mind:

• Specialized Allez 16
  • Trek 1.1
  • Decathlon B'Twin Sport 1,2 or 3 (3 would be pushing past £500 though I think)
I am thinking the specialized.

Any other suggestions, I'd be most grateful.

Thanks

B-B-BikeyStrike!

All 3 are good. Test ride them all and let your heart decide. The Decathlon Sport 2 seems to be very good value for money + you can spend the surplus on some extras, like clipless pedals or some clothing.

LizardEye

Merida do a couple of road bikes for £500, one slightly more relaxed than the other. They make frames for Specialized and others so are good quality. Their website has a list of UK dealers

kyuss

Veteran
The Decathlon Sport 2 is by far the best out of your 3 (spec wise at least). I was going to suggest a Revolution Continental (which is still better specced than the Spesh or Trek) but with a Sora drivechain and a carbon fork (and even carbon seat stays) that Decathlon looks like a proper bargain.

bauldbairn

kyuss said:
The Decathlon Sport 2 is by far the best out of your 3 (spec wise at least). I was going to suggest a Revolution Continental (which is still better specced than the Spesh or Trek) but with a Sora drivechain and a carbon fork (and even carbon seat stays) that Decathlon looks like a proper bargain.

+1.

The new Edinburgh Bike Cooperative(EBC) Revolution Continental 2010 must be worth a look for £500. :eek:

Top Bottom