Best time to buy a new bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

porridge

This might be the wrong place to post this?, anyway, I was wondering what time of the year is actually the best time to pick up a new bike ?, earlier I read January and now im reading September/October.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Generally it's after the introduction of the next year's range that the current year gets reduced - which will be around September/October.

OP
OP
P

porridge

John the Monkey said:
Generally it's after the introduction of the next year's range that the current year gets reduced - which will be around September/October.
Thanks for that, do you find the best deals are to be had online or at your local bike shop ?, as discussed many times on here, I feel happier to buy from the LBS for a larger purchase, for obvious reasons such as assembley and after care, but cash is also quite tight at the moment.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
The very, very best deals will be online, but quite often for weird sizes etc. Sometimes it won't make much difference at all - my SCR2.0 was the same price everywhere, and Rick Green's (the bike shop that sold it to me) gave me 10% off list for being in the CTC (and discounted the mudguards, and fitted them for free, and answered lots of stupid questions about compact frames and road bikes in general).

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I think it depends what you are after. If you are after something specific, you may end up dissapointed if they are all sold out :smile: When i was looking for a new bike two years ago, some online suppliers have new bikes from the previous 2 or 3 years at heavily discounted prices. Just start looking around now & see if you can get what you are after at the price you want to pay

domtyler

Über Member
If you have a specific model in mind then get a list of all the bike shops in your area and call round asking them if they still have it in stock in your size and what they are asking for it.

OP
OP
P

porridge

Mr Pig said:

Well I haven't seen any sizzling bargains ?

Top Bottom