Best tour bike for around £1000

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jay clock

Massive member
I've watched Stanforth for a while and even their ex-dems scrape rather above the OP's budget, I think.
Look like great bikes. I have emailed to see if he can do what I want. Since he states that the only saddle option is Brooks and sizing is in inches I suspect my request for one with TRP HYRD brakes may be a little too modern though!

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Look like great bikes. I have emailed to see if he can do what I want. Since he states that the only saddle option is Brooks and sizing is in inches I suspect my request for one with TRP HYRD brakes may be a little too modern though!
The frames are largely built by Lee Cooper, so I don't think that will be an issue at all, as long as sir's pocket is jangling.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
As somebody who is short in the arse with a longer back I have bikes with no standover height. It's possible to adapt.
Ah but could you get on this,

DSCN0129.JPG

BTW I've got 'standover height'............................................................ Just :ohmy:

jay clock

Massive member
Ah but could you get on this,

View attachment 391419

BTW I've got 'standover height'............................................................ Just :ohmy:
wow , how tall are you?

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
.....but repairing punctures On a brand new bike three times over a relatively short distance did not breed confidence in the bike.....
That makes absolutely no sense at all to me.
Nothing to do with the bike.
Tyres and tubes are consumables - the same with any brand of bike.

OP
OP
Danny1502

Danny1502

After taking on some of the advice here I’m thinking of going for a Cannondale Touring 1. Seems to be well priced and most of my requirements seem to be met. The only issue might be the gearing with 50/34 front and 11-32 rear cassette. Is this okay for the Pyrenees, me not being the fittest guy on earth??

Top Bottom