Best UK Everesting Climb?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy

Seems to have gone round in a loop rather than out and back. Which strictly speaking might disqualify his effort if he’s trying to get it recognised by the Everesting lot.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Doesn‘t bother me. I’ve done hill repeats and over 1,000 would do my head in. So well done him for achieving what he set out to do. I much prefer going places on my bike. 😄
Indeed. I have a local hill that sometimes I while away a winter evening going up and down. I don't think I've ever done more than about an hours worth before the pointlessness overwhelms me.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Indeed. I have a local hill that sometimes I while away a winter evening going up and down. I don't think I've ever done more than about an hours worth before the pointlessness overwhelms me.

I think an hour of hill reps is about right if building them up in the legs to get better at them. I have managed 3 hours recently but that was simulate a hillier place I’m going riding to soon.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I think an hour of hill reps is about right if building them up in the legs to get better at them. I have managed 3 hours recently but that was simulate a hillier place I’m going riding to soon.
For more than an hour I go and ride somewhere hilly so I get a bit of variety rather than reps.

Seems to have gone round in a loop rather than out and back. Which strictly speaking might disqualify his effort if he’s trying to get it recognised by the Everesting lot.
Yup, definitely no loops allowed; shame, as it makes the ride even more tedious.
(I suppose you save a bit of time by keeping your speed up with a loop i.e. no dead turn at the bottom.
You might be allowed to ride a half-pipe! :bicycle:)

Top Bottom