Best Waterproof/Winter Commuting Jacket For £80

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
My Night Vision Evo got returned due to a faulty zip.

I asked for a refund as I am now a much smaller size and was intent on getting the new Night Vision Evo, however, before I do, is there is better jacket for the cold, wet , winter months at around the £80 mark ? or do I go with another Night Vision Evo ?

Thanks

I just got the same jacket. £65 ^_^

Can't comment on the jacket comparison - have only used "el cheapo" jackets before. All I can say is that since buying it I've been able to ride in only a light long sleeve cycling top with no base layers and still be toasty. And after this month I know for a fact that it's waterproof. No problems with the zips either!!

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Can't comment on the jacket comparison - have only used "el cheapo" jackets before. All I can say is that since buying it I've been able to ride in only a light long sleeve cycling top with no base layers and still be toasty. And after this month I know for a fact that it's waterproof. No problems with the zips either!!

The zip is the reason it got sent back ( second one to fail)

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
The zip went wonky on my 2 year old Night Vision Windproof Jacket last year when I returned it to the shop they said they could sent it back and get it sorted, they then lost the jacket and I ended up getting a brand new one :hyper: I was well chuffed.

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
I bought one of these

http://www.dare2b.com/buy/amplitude-lightweight-jacket-183187

Not as good as my old paclite of course but for £20 it's excellent and works as well most kit under £100.

Ive got leightweight summer ones but feeling the cold like i do. I need a warm ass one in winter

The Dare2be shell is just a single layer shell, it will pack down small enough for a saddle pack or bum bag(thats what I do), you won't quite get it in the jersey pocket unless you reaally stuff it in there or have large pockets. The very light smocks that fit in a jersey pocket last right up until you have your first crash and then they are in shreds.

I am not a fan of heavy single layers that provide all the warmth, and that applies to all year round, you should as ever have the usual base layer, mid layer, outer layer arangement that lets you add and subtract as needed.

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
The Dare2be shell is just a single layer shell, it will pack down small enough for a saddle pack or bum bag(thats what I do), you won't quite get it in the jersey pocket unless you reaally stuff it in there or have large pockets. The very light smocks that fit in a jersey pocket last right up until you have your first crash and then they are in shreds.

I am not a fan of heavy single layers that provide all the warmth, and that applies to all year round, you should as ever have the usual base layer, mid layer, outer layer arangement that lets you add and subtract as needed.

Last winter i was in 6 layers ( inc my night vision evo )

While not as cold this year , wearing anything not very warm is just miserable tbh

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

david1701

I
Last winter i was in 6 layers ( inc my night vision evo )

While not as cold this year , wearing anything not very warm is just miserable tbh

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

I wear a soft shell for warmth, its a non cycling specific one (trespass) and it is pretty toasty (too hot for me above 12 degrees) and if it gets super cold I can chuck a base layer under it. They're more shower than waterproof though so I swap it for a berghaus waterproof (I could justify it for other outdoors shizz more than a cycling specific one) if it got super cold/ cold and wet they combine pretty well

Top Bottom