Best way to find cycling buddies?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
What's the best way to (safely!) meet cycling buddies to ride with? I have a few friends who I will go on rides with, but they are not as keen as I am and so those rides are few and far between.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Join a club, simple.^_^

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
You could search online and see if you can find some kind of fun and friendly cycling community ... :whistle:

(I have ridden with over 200 fellow CycleChat members over the past 9.5 years and there have only been 2 or 3 that I wouldn't want to meet again.)

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
You could search online and see if you can find some kind of fun and friendly cycling community ... :whistle:

(I have ridden with over 200 fellow CycleChat members over the past 9.5 years and there have only been 2 or 3 that I wouldn't want to meet again.)

Come on, name them

:popcorn:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Seriously though ... keep an eye on THE RECREATIONAL RIDES forum. If you don't spot anything of interest, why not suggest a ride of your own? I started doing it when my local riding partner emigrated to Spain. I soon got to know riders from all over NW England and quite a few others from further afield (including Wales, Scotland and London). I organise at least 7 or 8 rides a year (usually more) and do several rides organised by other people.

As suggested above, Audax is well worth a look. You can usually find someone on an audax event to ride along with. I have searched for you and THESE are the shorter audax rides in Wales for the coming year. (There are others 200+ km in length, but you will probably want to start off on the shorter events?)

OP
OP
Welsh wheels

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
Seriously though ... keep an eye on THE RECREATIONAL RIDES forum. If you don't spot anything of interest, why not suggest a ride of your own? I started doing it when my local riding partner emigrated to Spain. I soon got to know riders from all over NW England and quite a few others from further afield (including Wales, Scotland and London). I organise at least 7 or 8 rides a year (usually more) and do several rides organised by other people.

As suggested above, Audax is well worth a look. You can usually find someone on an audax event to ride along with. I have searched for you and THESE are the shorter audax rides in Wales for the coming year. (There are others 200+ km in length, but you will probably want to start off on the shorter events?)
Thanks for that, I'll have a look!

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
A snoop around your local bike shop is worth doing.

Some organise rides or know people who do.

Bike shops can also be centres for the local cycling community, so you may bump into other customers who can point you in the right direction.

Top Bottom