Best way to transport a 5 year old on a bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pekaroo

Über Member
tag alongs way to much fun for kids please can someone make em for adults..!!

mark1974

hi middleagedcyclist
i have just bought a tagalong {2 actually thats another story:cursing:}
anyways just wondered how long did it take for your daughter to get confident on the tag-along?
My 2nd tag should be here by weekend so any tips greatly appreciated

@middleagedcyclist, that is a great video.
It's such a treat to see the look on her face throughout the journey and her sheer joy in parts.
Add in the smurf on the bars after her happy meal - priceless.

I did a 38 mile ride with my 7 year old daughter, taking in the Virgin Media cyclone 33 last year and she loved it. Shame I didn't have a rear cam to record it.

She liked it so much she wants to do it on her own bike this year with my boy who'll be 6 on the trail-a-bike.
My daughter pushed herself to learn how to ride after the cyclone.

Leccy

Another vote for the trailgator here, I have one for my 4.5yr old son and he loves it

hi middleagedcyclist
i have just bought a tagalong {2 actually thats another story:cursing:}
anyways just wondered how long did it take for your daughter to get confident on the tag-along?
My 2nd tag should be here by weekend so any tips greatly appreciated
Pretty much straight away. She was already riding a balance bike by then anyway. Only tip would be to have the child move hand to the midline of the bars when passing through gates, etc. Hope you enjoy.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Tag a long. Still use our Trek regularly with a 9 year old daughter who isn't massively keen on long distances. Easier for her now as she has a decent MTB now, rather than a girly singlespeed BMX.

Top Bottom