Betting odds.......please explain.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

matiz

Guru
A good fun bet on the footy is correct scores you can get 14/1 for 2-2 it gets a bit tense when you have got the score and they announce 6mins injury time

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Am i?

News to me!
Well you are from that area. It was a guess.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
But they both can't win, Real win, you loose £25 Liverpool win, you win £33
As a one off you're right. But imagine you're a professional gambler, making dozens of bets per day. This is the type of edge they look for

In this instance for every £25 loss there would be a £33 gain. Do enough bets and you end up £8 up per bet pair

Adgar

This year I've managed to win £300+ on Champions League Final, PSG against Bayern Munich, since Bayern Munich lifting the trophy got me 4/7, I've betted £200.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Made a right royal cock up on Boxing day. I fancied Froden in the King George with one of my go-to jockeys, Bryony Frost on board. The bookies are shut because of lockdown so I thought I'd open an account with Paddy Power. I have never bet online and don't really fancy the idea, so I picked the horse, decided to risk a tenner and sat hovering over the ok button for a few minutes before deciding, "Bollocks to it, I won't bother" and closing the site.

Bloody thing won at 20/1 and that was £200 lost 😢

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Made a right royal cock up on Boxing day. I fancied Froden in the King George with one of my go-to jockeys, Bryony Frost on board. The bookies are shut because of lockdown so I thought I'd open an account with Paddy Power. I have never bet online and don't really fancy the idea, so I picked the horse, decided to risk a tenner and sat hovering over the ok button for a few minutes before deciding, "Bollocks to it, I won't bother" and closing the site.

Bloody thing won at 20/1 and that was £200 lost 😢
And she led from flag to post.

kynikos

Veteran
Here's how to win:
1. Write your bet down on a piece of paper.
2. Fold the paper around your stake.
3. Toss into a drawer.
4. Repeat throughout the year.
5. On an annual basis...
6. Open the drawer.
7. Unwrap the 'bets', placing money to one side.
8. Have a good laugh at the predictions you made.
9. Count up and rejoice in your 'winnings'.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
The only times I've ever been into a bookies was to fetch my dad home for his tea... never bet in my life- mug's game [unless you are a bookmaker].

Top Bottom