Betting odds.......please explain.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
I don't suppose there is much harm in betting small amounts now and again as a bit of fun but it has never appealed to me.

When I was young I used to go to the local dog track with my uncle from time to time and what I observed was that in the area of the carpark reserved for the bookmakers you seen Jaguars, Ford Granadas, Mercs, Rover 3500s and Toyota Camrys. In the carpark for the "customers" you found rustbucket Cortinas, Datsuns and Marinas which made me think that the bookies win more often than the people placing bets which is why I have never been interested in betting.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I don't suppose there is much harm in betting small amounts now and again as a bit of fun but it has never appealed to me.

When I was young I used to go to the local dog track with my uncle from time to time and what I observed was that in the area of the carpark reserved for the bookmakers you seen Jaguars, Ford Granadas, Mercs, Rover 3500s and Toyota Camrys. In the carpark for the "customers" you found rustbucket Cortinas, Datsuns and Marinas which made me think that the bookies win more often than the people placing bets which is why I have never been interested in betting.
The industry would collapse if bookies did not make more than the punters. The trick is to understand that, bet in easily affordable amounts and hopefully enjoy the occasional nice little windfall, or if you are really lucky a significant amount of money. I've had the former, but unfortunately never the latter.

Top Bottom