Bianchi Oltre XR4 Disc build

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The 2021 seems to have a different profile seatpost - mine came from the same website as your link but is for a 2016+ TCR Advanced Pro. I just had a look and it doesn't seem to be listed anymore, which is a nuisance as mine is starting to perish already :sad: I might look in to 3d printing a replacement at some point if I can find a suitable flexible black resin.

Giant seat post clamp cover arrived and as you said not the correct fit as the 2021 is a d-shaped post. But went to local bike shop and they happened to have the correct cover in their spares. Only one though. Is a perfect fit. Just waiting on my Supacaz Sticky Kush Galaxy Celeste tape to arrive and that will be matchy matchy enough for me.

Attachments

• SeatPostCover3.JPG
    SeatPostCover3.JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 21
  • SeatPostCover2.JPG
    SeatPostCover2.JPG
    136.6 KB · Views: 23
  • SeatPostCover1.JPG
    SeatPostCover1.JPG
    123.7 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Bike finally finished.
IMG_0383 (1).JPG

I want to remove the 10mm spacer from headset on my metron 5d acr but still have top cap flush with stem.
I assume LBS are going to have to cut the steerer, which means removing bars/stem and a re-cabling job ?

Thx

OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
I want to remove the 10mm spacer from headset on my metron 5d acr but still have top cap flush with stem.
I assume LBS are going to have to cut the steerer, which means removing bars/stem and a re-cabling job ?

Thx

I'm afraid so, it's a pig of a job for something that is normally so simple. The spacers are split in half so they can be removed but the steerer will need shortening. To do this properly you need to remove the fork, which means removing the hydraulic hoses. It's possible to work around it, but mistakes would be extremely costly so it's just not worth it IMO.

OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
Not sure if I ever mentioned it in this thread, but my beautiful Oltre has one frustrating flaw; the downtube bottle cage mounts are wonky :wacko: I tried to ignore it when I built it up, and considered making some wedge shaped spacers to straighten it up, but eventually I caved to my OCD and spoke to Bianchi. They quickly accepted it was wrong and agreed to replace the frame in January last year. Today I got the call to say the new frame has arrived so I'll be heading over to collect it later 😄 It's taken a long time but should be worth the wait ; the bike has been ridden while I've been waiting so its basically just getting a refresh :laugh: Assuming this one is all straight of course 🤞😋

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Not sure if I ever mentioned it in this thread, but my beautiful Oltre has one frustrating flaw; the downtube bottle cage mounts are wonky :wacko: I tried to ignore it when I built it up, and considered making some wedge shaped spacers to straighten it up, but eventually I caved to my OCD and spoke to Bianchi. They quickly accepted it was wrong and agreed to replace the frame in January last year. Today I got the call to say the new frame has arrived so I'll be heading over to collect it later 😄 It's taken a long time but should be worth the wait ; the bike has been ridden while I've been waiting so its basically just getting a refresh :laugh: Assuming this one is all straight of course 🤞😋
are you keeping the defective frame or do they want it back??

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I'll do him a favour and take it off his hands for a fiver if he gets it back. Win-win.
£6.50 here

OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
:laugh: The old frame has to go back. Bianchi invoice the dealer full price for warranty replacements and only refund it on receipt of the old frame, or after receiving proof of destruction. Sorry chaps 😋

Just a thought, have you tried another cage to rule out the cage as wonky and tried a conical washer, is it going off straight on tightening.

OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
I checked several cages before I made the original warranty claim as I felt a bit silly at the time. This one actually seems better than the original; it's still not straight but I'm going to try and make some washers to bond to the bottle cage to square it all up. It won't take long to print them as they'll only be a mm or so thick :laugh:

Top Bottom