Bianchi Oltre XR4 Disc build

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
Bianchi have some stunning frames, really nice!

I think my fund that I save a little each month will go towards a Bianchi, I really like the look of the Aria and it's affordable for me.

Good choice! I've owned an Aria disc, it was a lovely bike 😎

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
They do look nice but as I dont`t do much cycling outside of commuting, its not quite justifiable for leaving locked up !

OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
The Bianchi rep said I had to name her so she's now known as 'Olive', because she's an Oltre :laugh: I've also now named my Veturi 'Vera', seemed to fit :laugh: I think I'll leave the others anonymous for now :shy:

I had a nightmare a few days ago about stone chips, and since I had some excellent matt protection tape left over from covering the chainstay I decided to put some more on the downtube. It went on really nicely, I'm pretty pleased with it. I cut it to shape and stuck it on down the middle first before gently squeezing it out to the sides until it was fully stuck down. You can barely see it as soon as you're a few feet away and it should keep the paint happy :becool:

I also decided to cut a small piece to size to place on the non drive-side chainstay where the lock chain passes through. I'm bound to knock it one day no-matter how careful I am so it makes sense to add a little protection.

With that done, I pumped the tyres up a bit as they're still losing a little air and then admired her for a good ten minutes :laugh: Here are a few more shameless closeups :okay::becool:

OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
That chain looks even better on.

It is very pretty, almost worth the money it cost :laugh:

Irritatingly the Bianchi is out of service for a short while now. I noticed a fairly big wobble in the front wheel first time I rode it. Thought this was a bit odd as I hadn't hit anything but went to true it this evening to find the rim is dead straight and the tyre itself is deformed :sad: I've tried the messy job of popping the beads off and reseating it with some fresh sealant, but it went straight back to the same shape with a big wobble. I suspect there's a fault in the carcass so will not be riding on it again - it's an almost brand new GP 5000TL, first time I've had any problems with them and I've been running them on a few bikes for a while now since they came out last year. This particular one has done only a few hundred miles and hasn't been abused by any means so hopefully I'll get it replaced, but will buy a new one in the short term to minimise downtime :laugh: I've popped Wiggle a message to enquire about a warranty replacement.

Oh well, at least I noticed before I face planted on the new bike :laugh:

AndyRM

XOXO
It is very pretty, almost worth the money it cost :laugh:

Irritatingly the Bianchi is out of service for a short while now. I noticed a fairly big wobble in the front wheel first time I rode it. Thought this was a bit odd as I hadn't hit anything but went to true it this evening to find the rim is dead straight and the tyre itself is deformed :sad: I've tried the messy job of popping the beads off and reseating it with some fresh sealant, but it went straight back to the same shape with a big wobble. I suspect there's a fault in the carcass so will not be riding on it again - it's an almost brand new GP 5000TL, first time I've had any problems with them and I've been running them on a few bikes for a while now since they came out last year. This particular one has done only a few hundred miles and hasn't been abused by any means so hopefully I'll get it replaced, but will buy a new one in the short term to minimise downtime :laugh: I've popped Wiggle a message to enquire about a warranty replacement.

Oh well, at least I noticed before I face planted on the new bike :laugh:

I've just looked it up.

The "How much..." thread is >>>

OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
Minor upgrade today. I discovered by chance that CeramicSpeed had launched a limited edition orange version of their OSPW :shy:

The black one will be going on the pilot later today :okay: Its a slightly darker orange to the Hope parts, but the same orange as the valve caps and the spoke nipples that are going in to the new wheel build ive got going on 😊

Tonybanham13

Hi
I am about to embark on a XR4 Disc build but with a Record groupset, do you know what length of bolts I will require for the rear caliper?
Many Thanks

OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
Hi
I am about to embark on a XR4 Disc build but with a Record groupset, do you know what length of bolts I will require for the rear caliper?
Many Thanks

Hi Tony, not the best photo I'm afraid but the rear caliper mounting holes in the frame are 20mm deep, so your bolts will need to be long enough to pass through these plus however deep the caliper threads are.

Top Bottom