Bianchi Oltre XR4 Disc build

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
Yeah it's a great solution, necessary too as no standard brackets would fit the integrated bars :laugh:

Went for a 27 mile shake down this afternoon - it's bloody ace :laugh: I mean I expected it to be, but still - the stiffness of the frame is unreal but it's so smooth, even over rough tarmac :ohmy: Just a real peach of a bike :wub: I'm looking forward to getting to know it much better over the coming weeks, months and years :becool:

A few tweaks are needed - the front disc is squealing a little just as you come to a stop, I havent cleaned them since they were last used so they've probably got contaminated during storage. I'll give them another few rides to improve as it did seem better towards home, otherwise a quick wash down with rubbing alcohol and lightly sand the pads should solve it. Saddle position still isn't perfect, but it normally takes me a hundred miles or so to dial that in. Front mech cage just catches the chain in one gear under load so a tiny tweak of the Di2 trimming is needed, but overall a very successful maiden voyage 😄

Last edited:

avsd

Guru
Can you not finish them with clearcoat - a man of your skills :okay:

DSK

Squeaky brakes are cool, its annoys people and reminds them there's other humans in the area and to get out of the way!

BTW how stiff are those wheels when giving large ones out of the saddle?

OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
I went out on her again at lunchtime, a quick 15 mile spin taking advantage of a rare break in skype meetings 😄

The saddle position seemed better today so perhaps I will leave it for now and see how it develops. I did however fit a little upgrade that someone alerted me to in the Bianchi owners club facebook group - a seatpost clamp cover for a 2016 Giant TCR Advanced Pro :laugh: They happen to fit Aria's, XR3's and XR4's rather nicely :laugh:

Squeaky brakes are cool, its annoys people and reminds them there's other humans in the area and to get out of the way!

BTW how stiff are those wheels when giving large ones out of the saddle?

:laugh: I don't mind the noise so much, but it upsets me when things aren't working as well as they can be. The wheels are plenty stiff, they've done about 1800 miles and I rate them pretty highly - I'm about a hundred kilos so I've tested them well :laugh: I noticed a slight rumble from the front end so I had a look while I had the disc rotor off to clean. I found a bit of play in the bearings so tightened the preload aduster up slightly before putting the now clean disc rotor back on :okay:

While the bike was down I also adjusted the front mech trim, hopefully it will be in clearance in all gears now but simple enough to tweak if not.

With that I put her back to bed for the evening :laugh:

Whilst clearing up some of the packing I found these nifty little bottle cage bolts - they'll be going on the wife's Dama VN7 next time I get a chance 😄

Last edited:
I went out on her again at lunchtime, a quick 15 mile spin taking advantage of a rare break in skype meetings 😄

The saddle position seemed better today so perhaps I will leave it for now and see how it develops. I did however fit a little upgrade that someone alerted me to in the Bianchi owners club facebook group - a seatpost clamp cover for a 2016 Giant TCR Advanced Pro :laugh: They happen to fit Aria's, XR3's and XR4's rather nicely :laugh:

View attachment 526910

:laugh: I don't mind the noise so much, but it upsets me when things aren't working as well as they can be. The wheels are plenty stiff, they've done about 1800 miles and I rate them pretty highly - I'm about a hundred kilos so I've tested them well :laugh: I noticed a slight rumble from the front end so I had a look while I had the disc rotor off to clean. I found a bit of play in the bearings so tightened the preload aduster up slightly before putting the now clean disc rotor back on :okay:

While the bike was down I also adjusted the front mech trim, hopefully it will be in clearance in all gears now but simple enough to tweak if not.

View attachment 526911

With that I put her back to bed for the evening :laugh:

View attachment 526912

Whilst clearing up some of the packing I found these nifty little bottle cage bolts - they'll be going on the wife's Dama VN7 next time I get a chance 😄

View attachment 526913
Ah yes, The Celeste anodised Titanium cage bolts, they are a nice touch aren’t they?

Johnno260

Veteran
Bianchi have some stunning frames, really nice!

I think my fund that I save a little each month will go towards a Bianchi, I really like the look of the Aria and it's affordable for me.

Top Bottom