Bianchi Oltre XR4 Disc build

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DSK

Its this thread that has me looking at the Bianchi Oltre XR4 more and more when I should be working........... I can't justify it but I'm thinking of putting the TCR di2 up for sale to make room for a Bianchi.

OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
Its this thread that has me looking at the Bianchi Oltre XR4 more and more when I should be working........... I can't justify it but I'm thinking of putting the TCR di2 up for sale to make room for a Bianchi.
@DSK your not alone Mrs would kill me :laugh:

:laugh: excellent work chaps :okay: I don't know what it is about; they're not technically superior to other brands and on paper are terrible value for money, but having owned four once this one arrives I can't imagine having a 'best' bike of any other brand 🤔:laugh:

That's what happened to me and I ended up with a di2 upgrade

How are you getting on with it? Its no secret that I love my Di2 :laugh: Once the XR4 is built up there'll be 5 Di2 bikes in the garage, although one of them belongs to my darling wife so I'm not hogging all the Di2 goodness :laugh:

Today should be the day the Bianchi gets its Celeste :okay: I'm hoping for an update on its progress, it may even get shipped next week :ohmy: I'm not holding my breath though, I must maintain the illusion of patience for a little longer 😄

I've been looking in to the Vision Metron 5D ACR integrated bar/stem setup that it comes with, looks like it's going to be fun to build :laugh:

Last edited:

BianchiVirgin

Über Member
How are you getting on with it? Its no secret that I love my Di2 :laugh: Once the XR4 is built up there'll be 5 Di2 bikes in the garage, although one of them belongs to my darling wife so I'm not hogging all the Di2 goodness :laugh:

All done and working. Still getting used to the difference in shifter feel. Liking the semi-sync shifting.

OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
I spoke to Bianchi UK again yesterday, they confirmed all is still on schedule for a mid June delivery :okay: I strip cleaned the Veturi this morning ready for a 50 mile ride down to the coast this afternoon but received a message from my friend at the lbs as I was getting ready to set out - Seems it's all a bit confused at Bianchi as my frameset arrived today 😊:becool:

Of course it didn't take me long to scrap the planned ride and jump in the car :laugh: At the lbs I was confronted with this lovely looking box...

I've just had time to unpack and inspect the contents, assembly will start shortly. So far I very much like what I see :wub:

The integrated bars were in the top of the box

and then out popped the frame, along with a lot of fixtures and fittings :laugh:

Everything looks spot on so far, the paintwork is fabulous and I keep finding neat details in the design - the latest I've spotted is the funky through axles, where the lever folds away in to the axle :wacko::laugh:

Anyway, enough typing, I'm gonna go start bolting things to it :wub: It's so pretty :wub::shy::laugh:

Gunk

Guru
That’s bloody gorgeous

OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
I've just come in for a breather - it's pretty warm in the garage still, even with the fan on :laugh:

Good progress, the ACR integrated stem is a real bugger to route hoses and cables through though :wacko::laugh:

Before I moved the frame in to the garage I checked all the bits were present and correct and everything had survived its journey from Italy unscathed 😊

With it all looking rather lovely I marked the steerer length and set to work :ohmy:

Measure measure measure! You don't want to sod this bit up :laugh: I decided to use all the spacers for now, I'll cut it down further in future if needed but it's a bit of a pig as the hoses and cables run through it once it's fitted :laugh:

Next I bolted the rear mech on then cut some helicopter tape to size to use as a chainstay protector...

And then on with the front mech, for the first splash of orange :laugh:

OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
I fed the front mech cable through first - its easiest, and it allowed me to fit the second orange bit, the cable trim piece that I'd sprayed :laugh:

Next I decided to run the brake hoses. The front goes through the bars and out at the top of the stem, before plunging down the inside of the steerer tube, down inside the lefthand fork leg and reappearing by the brake caliper... It's a tight bend to get down in to the steerer but it went in with a bit of encouragement :laugh:

The rear brake hose and Di2 cables take a different path, out of the bottom of the stem and then down channels in the spacers, but they were no less of a pig to route...

I couldn't resist popping the wheels in at the point to have a look :laugh:

I've had the Di2 battery charging for a while now, time to pop back in and carry on :laugh:

He will be up all night building it :laugh:

Quite possibly :shy::laugh:

Top Bottom