Bianchi Silvia.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bikeman66

Hi all,

Just picked up this secondhand Bianchi Silvia Dama as a Christmas present for the Mrs. Any other ladies out there riding this bike.......and if so, what do you think of it?

Saw it advertised locally on a facebook bike selling group and it instantly sparked a lot of interest. Viewed it the following day and thought it was the perfect bike for the good lady. Perhaps a bit "over specced" for her at the moment, but sort of concluded that a real quality bike will hopefully inspire her to ride more. Ended up having to pay the full £400 asking price (£1,200 brand new I have since discovered), but in all honesty I was happy to do that to seal the deal.

Triple chainset should work well for the wife as she isn't quite in the Quintana league just yet.

Be good to hear of any watch points or quirks anyone may know of with this bike so that I can address them before Christmas. Thanks.
DSCF5569.JPG

Globalti

Legendary Member
That's a good price for a bike that will blow her away with the speed and the handling. You won't need to tweak it in any way. Just check that the brake pads are set correctly to the rims and everything is tight and snug, gears shifting OK and saddle and bars set up right.

Edit: I've just noticed the dirty bar tape. Definitely give it fresh bar tape and clean everything thoroughly as she won't like it looking scruffy and used. Give the frame a polish with Mr Sheen, taking care not to spray the brakes or wheels. Clean the tyres too.

Last edited:

RegG

Über Member
Lovely bike! I would suggest letting your LBS (if you have a good, reputable one) check it over and make sure the gears, brakes etc are all properly adjusted - unless, of course, you feel confident to do this yourself in which case its even better! Hope she enjoys her present! Oh, and I would change the bar tape as it looks out of place despite being the Bianchi trademark Celeste colour.

BorderReiver

Veteran
Definitely change the bar tape. Pink would work well. If she likes pink (lets hope she does given the decals!). Otherwise white unless you want to change the saddle and the bar tape.

The fashion police have spoken.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Oh, and I would change the bar tape as it looks out of place despite being the Bianchi trademark Celeste colour.
:gun: Burn the heathens! :gun:

I think it needs clean bar tape, though, and proper celeste costs a bit more. I wish Bianchi put more celeste on their women's bikes. Some years, some models have no version with any!

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
I think your wife will be very happy with her Bianchi Silvia (I also would not change the bar tape, just give it a good clean).

My wife has a Bianchi 2015 Nirone Xenon and it is a fantastic bike.
15122908219_e537fabcd6_o.jpg

Attachments

• 15122908219_e537fabcd6_o.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 77

Globalti

Legendary Member
Tut tut, look at those weeds.

oldroadman

Veteran
I think your wife will be very happy with her Bianchi Silvia (I also would not change the bar tape, just give it a good clean).

My wife has a Bianchi 2015 Nirone Xenon and it is a fantastic bike.
Tidy bike. Looking at the set up she must be one very little lady. Don't worry about the weeds, a splash of Pathclear or similar will do the work while you go out and enjoy riding the bikes. ^_^

Attachments

• 15122908219_e537fabcd6_o.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 75

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
Looking at the set up she must be one very little lady.
My lovely Spanish lady is 1.53M (5ft)
15247767221_acb9a37fef_o.jpg

Over the years it's me that's been encouraging her to get out on the bike, once I've recovered from this prolapsed disc it will be her that's motivating me to start building up my fitness again.

Attachments

• 15247767221_acb9a37fef_o.jpg
    15247767221_acb9a37fef_o.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 74
OP
OP
bikeman66

bikeman66

That's a good price for a bike that will blow her away with the speed and the handling. You won't need to tweak it in any way. Just check that the brake pads are set correctly to the rims and everything is tight and snug, gears shifting OK and saddle and bars set up right.

Edit: I've just noticed the dirty bar tape. Definitely give it fresh bar tape and clean everything thoroughly as she won't like it looking scruffy and used. Give the frame a polish with Mr Sheen, taking care not to spray the brakes or wheels. Clean the tyres too.
The lady I bought it from had it serviced at a small LBS before putting it up for sale. I know the shop quite well and certainly trust they will have done a good job. The grubby bar tape is definitely an issue, so unless I can scrub it up spotless, it will have to be re-newed. It's Bianchi branded and I like the fact it is their colour, so would like to get the same again if possible. The tyres are Conti Ultra Sport, which is what I run, so they'll become a spare set for my bike and I'll put some new ones on this one. I'm one of those "rather clean it than ride it" types, so I can pretty well guarantee it will be spotless.

Appreciate your positive comments on this bike Globalti.

OP
OP
bikeman66

bikeman66

Thanks for all your positive feedback folks.

Long term, I'm hoping this will lead to cycling holidays in and around our favourite areas of France, Provence and the Midi- Pyrenees.

Reactions: JtB
Top Bottom