Bianchi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ASC1951

Guru
ghitchen said:
I have now fitted a hollow bolt for the cable guide under the bottom bracket shell so that it drains.
I've lost a couple of BBs for the same reason: I know I could carefully store the bike upside down when I get home, but I don't. Where do you get the hollow bolt?

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
camal3_2008.jpg

I've got one of these and it's probably the most comfee-ist and nicee-ist I've had. Go with the Bianchi Chris - it looks really smart and a good price too.

gbb

Legendary Member
ChrisUK said:
Thanks for all the opinions guys, i think im definately going to go for the bianchi.

What do you guys reakon of this??

http://www.evanscycles.com/products...-105-10-speed-compact-2008-road-bike-ec000024

Chris, this may inflame some, but i feel strongly about this....
The wheelset on that bike is a Shimano WH-R500.
I have those wheels on my winter bike, and although they're strong (so far) and run free, you get an annoying flex with them. If i crank it round a bend..the wheel magnet strikes the pickup.
No big deal in itself, but the fact is the unbranded wheelset on my old Raleigh doesnt flex....and the Ambrosio wheelsets you get on many Bianchis definately dont flex.

At the end of the day, these wheels only cost about £70, theyre ok for commuting etc....but why do the big manufacturers put them on nice bikes. To save money obviously. You'll see that bike earlier in the year at £774.00, but i'll bet it didnt have the WH-R500s on. (even if it did...IMO, they dont match the quality of the bike)

Personally, i wouldnt spend that money to have those wheels on it.

OP
OP
C

ChrisUK

oh dear, thats interesting! Unfortunately i don't really know much about the wheelsets as a novice so all advice very welcome.

Looking at all the 2009 bikes, they all seem to be quite expensive for pretty basic components such as the new trek 1.5 £650 and is all sora, ive been told to try and get 105 or tiagra.

Im so undecided about what to buy and obviously want to make the right choice when spending quite abit of money

Bigtallfatbloke

How about the alu carb via nirone?

http://www.evanscycles.com/products...carbon-ultegra-triple-2008-road-bike-ec016048

I like it but the 61 in stock is in grey (Yuck)....Cant get a 61cm bianchi 2008 anywhere at the moment...edit:

Ok now I've just seen this...
http://www.evanscycles.com/products/bianchi/c2c-nirone-7-aluminium-carbon-frame-set-ec000067

and I want it...but ...I'm all set to go on the kinesis grand fondo build...but this is cheaper....and it is THAT colour and my size and ....I could still build the bike myself and....why is life so bloody confusing:biggrin:

OP
OP
C

ChrisUK

unfortunately that bianchi is just out of my price range only looking to spend about 750 max, would probably make a right mess of building my own bike as well haha

gavintc

Guru
I just got my carbon 928 T Cube back from bianchi under a warranty replacement. It is gorgeous in white. I now have the dilemma of keeping it or selling it. I bought a Cervelo RS frame when I handed over the old frame in May, so cannot really justify keeping it. But, it looks so nice sitting in my bedroom. Decisions!

gavintc

Guru
The slope of the top tube. Some like, some hate. In my opinion, there is little to separate them when you are actually riding the bike.

Except, when you stop at traffic lights, with a horizontal top tube, you have something to sit on.

the_oaf

Had one for two months.....

A Via Nirone w/Sora. First road bike for me and I love it.....apart from the fact that its a touch too small for me and hurts my neck on longer rides. Its a 55cm and I'm 5'11.

Nice and light, seems reliable and looks great. I'm going to sell it and buy a bigger bike I think, which kind of sucks.

Thanks LBS for fitting my wallet and not my body and thanks me for being dumb and not testing other bikes.

Top Bottom