Bianchi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

...My personal view is that the 2008 bikes looka lot sexier than the 2009 range...aprt from the steel frame bike.

I have found that the dealers (particularly Evans) often advertise bikes they dont have and cannot get...I ususally see th eadd...e mail the dealer who usualy then realises they dont have the bike as advertised and try to palm me off onto another bike they do have. I think thats wrong.

ghitchen

ChrisUK said:
how does it compare components wise, better/ even/ worse?

The Evans 2009 description is "Bianchi Nirone 7 Mirage 105 Compact 2009 Road Bike" - Mirage is Campag, 105 is Shimano! They don't seem to know what it is. Also this model isn't on the Bianchi site as a 2009 model.

Ignoring that, Veloce is better than Mirage and the 2008 frame has carbon seatstays where the 2009 one is aluminium.

You will get better value from discounted 2008 models than you will from 2009 ones.

redjedi

Über Member
:wacko:

GTFB may have finally made up his mind, and am I correct in thinking that it was your first choice anyway?

:tongue:

If you've got an Evans near you, ask them to get in the shop for you. You will need to pay a depost (I paid £20) then you can go and try it out. If it's the wrong size or un-comfortable you can get your money back.

OP
OP
C

ChrisUK

i went to an evans today and you have to pay £50 deposit to get it in and then you dont get that back if you dont feel comfortable on it, i looked at one of the bikes today and must say i was a little surprised that the campagnolo gear shifters were quite similar to the sora's with the little flicker i thought they would be more like the tiagra or the 105's

OP
OP
C

ChrisUK

Good work, i believe ive made the decision that im gonna go for it in the 57 in celeste

Bigtallfatbloke

ok...when we all have our bikes and a camera to hand we need to post up pics....hey maybe we could even have a special run of cyclechat shirts made but in the Bianchi celeste where currently we have orange??

barnesy

Got this exact bike, veloce in celeste but 55cm last week as my first road bike. Done 100 miles in total in the past week and have felt comfortable every mile.
Hope you enjoy your purchase.
I paid £800 for mine, down from £850 but its my local who deals in bianchi so i know he will take care of me if anything goes wrong. And he has been doing me discounts on any gear ive needed.

Top Bottom