Bianchi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Bigtallfatbloke said:
John forgive me for asking but why those? Arnt they just the same as what I already have with a cage around them?
I missed something here I know I did.

HLaB said:
For me they were much sleeker pedals than the M520's and IMO they looked OK on the Bianchi. It also enabled me to use one pair of shoes for different bikes and have the advantages of clipless on different bikes. I did upgrade to SPD-SL eventually (probably a victim of fashion:blush:) but I liked the A520's and fitted them to my sirrus instead of the M520's I had on it.

HLaB has summed it up nicely. I am presuming that you are keeping the Dawes ? Then you will need 2 sets of pedals - why have to continually be swapping from bike to bike ? I still remember the problems you first had getting the pedals off at all :smile:

I think the A520 is a much sleeker pedal and more in line with the sports bike. The M520 is great on a tourer (or my hybrid). It's best feature for me is the choice of spd or plain (saves me dressing just to ride to work). The A520 is single sided only although you can get away with not clipping while you pull away fron lights etc.

Of course, you could just get another set of M520.

In the car world - would you fit Dunlop Mud & Slush tyres to a Ferrari ?

OP
OP
C

ChrisUK

Im happy to say that i picked up my new bianchi this morning :smile:))) and i loooooooooove it!!

I just need to get some pedals now, ive never riden on these type of pedals before so im looking for as much advice as possible please guys on what type to get etc??

leveret

ChrisUK said:
Im happy to say that i picked up my new bianchi this morning :smile:))) and i loooooooooove it!!

I just need to get some pedals now, ive never riden on these type of pedals before so im looking for as much advice as possible please guys on what type to get etc??

Congratulations on the new purchase Chris. Great choice. I've got the via nirone with veloce (a red one which is simply beautiful imo :biggrin:). I have Look Keo Classic pedals on it, which I would have no hesitation in recommending.

Bigtallfatbloke

Chris we need a picture!!

I have to wait a bit longer for mine as apparently it is in a place called warrington..or was it woking...anyway...they sedded 14 days.

OP
OP
C

ChrisUK

well been out for the first time on my bianchi tonight and must say im totally shattered lol!!

If you know it went up to the top of box hill in dorking which my more experienced riding partner flew up and left me trailing lol!

Really enjoyed it though, wish it wasnt winter though, bring on next summe :rolleyes:

djb1971

Legendary Member
ChrisUK said:
bring on a summer :biggrin:

fixed :rolleyes:

Neilwoo123

You stole my bike and put gay reflectors on it!!

Cant help but love a Bianchi in Celest but its got to have Campag on it!

Only girls and MTB riders use shimmano, so I'm told.

Top Bottom