Bianchi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

Photo-rama:

MyBike-Bianchi001.jpg

Bigtallfatbloke

nice...where do you get thos ewater bottle cages from? I need to get colour co ordinated....do they make celeste flavoured water?...

...I habe this mental image of Fletcher escaping from Slade prison on this....:thumbsdown::sad:

Noodley

Bigtallfatbloke said:
nice...where do you get thos ewater bottle cages from? I need to get colour co ordinated....do they make celeste flavoured water?...

...I habe this mental image of Fletcher escaping from Slade prison on this....:thumbsdown::sad:

LBS fitted the bottle cages. I now have a white FSA seatpost fitted just to keep up the colour theme :sad:

Bigtallfatbloke

Is it a mortal sin to fit shimano M520 spds to my new Bianchi? I'll hav eto swap them over from my Galaxy....I only have one pair of road shoes.

I think I will re tape my bars in white and add a white saddle like the 2009 option of this bike.

I will also ned to hunt down some new lycra kit that matches the celeste/white theme....not sure my current hi vis council vest is going to look all that cool on this.

Bigtallfatbloke

yeah I was jus tover there looking at that kit as well. very nice but I could buy a new bike with what it would cost to kit me out in all that!

I would like to get just a simple cheap cycle shirt in white with celeste and black but I can live without the Bianchi logo....

Bigtallfatbloke said:
Is it a mortal sin to fit shimano M520 spds to my new Bianchi? I'll hav eto swap them over from my Galaxy....I only have one pair of road shoes..

keep your shoes and get a set of A520 pedals for the Bianchi and leave the Ms on the Dawes.

shimano-a520-spd-touring-pedal.jpg

Bigtallfatbloke said:
..well for better or for worse I just bought this:

http://www.evanscycles.com:80/produ...loce-10-speed-compact-2008-road-bike-ec000023
QUOTE]

Excellent choice - you are a very lucky man - and at a good £750.

redjedi

Über Member

Bigtallfatbloke

John forgive me for asking but why those? Arnt they just the same as what I already have with a cage around them?
I missed something here I know I did.

Bigtallfatbloke said:
John forgive me for asking but why those? Arnt they just the same as what I already have with a cage around them?
I missed something here I know I did.

For me they were much sleeker pedals than the M520's and IMO they looked OK on the Bianchi. It also enabled me to use one pair of shoes for different bikes and have the advantages of clipless on different bikes. I did upgrade to SPD-SL eventually (probably a victim of fashion:blush:) but I liked the A520's and fitted them to my sirrus instead of the M520's I had on it.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
I think what we are seeing here is the "Bianchi effect" :biggrin::

1. see Bianchi bike - and drool :eek:
2. fall in lust love with Bianchi bike
3. convince self that this really is "the one for me" :sad:
4. beg/steal/borrow finance (eg re-mortgage house, sell children etc)
5. purchase said bike :rolleyes: :thumbsup:
6. become obsessed with Bianchi brand :sad:
7. find there are others similarly inclined :eek:
8. wonder why everyone else doesn't 'get it' :eek:

Now, how do I avoid this trap .......... :sad::?::sad::sad:

Envious - me ?? I move between 'I want one of those' and 'I don't give in to all this brand stuff'.

HELP B)

gbb

Legendary Member
scoosh said:
I think what we are seeing here is the "Bianchi effect" :biggrin::

1. see Bianchi bike - and drool :biggrin:
2. fall in lust love with Bianchi bike
3. convince self that this really is "the one for me" :smile:
4. beg/steal/borrow finance (eg re-mortgage house, sell children etc)
5. purchase said bike :tongue: :evil:
6. become obsessed with Bianchi brand :sad:
7. find there are others similarly inclined :biggrin:
8. wonder why everyone else doesn't 'get it' :smile:

Now, how do I avoid this trap .......... :?::?::?::eek:

Envious - me ?? I move between 'I want one of those' and 'I don't give in to all this brand stuff'.

HELP :biggrin:

Let yourself go scoosh, submit to your heart...you know you want to :tongue:

Top Bottom