Bianchi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
C

ChrisUK

ah thats what im worried about so im just about to go into kingston and try a couple of bikes, im 5'11 as well so im thinking a 57'' would be about right

ghitchen

the_oaf said:
A Via Nirone w/Sora. First road bike for me and I love it.....apart from the fact that its a touch too small for me and hurts my neck on longer rides. Its a 55cm and I'm 5'11.

Nice and light, seems reliable and looks great. I'm going to sell it and buy a bigger bike I think, which kind of sucks.

Thanks LBS for fitting my wallet and not my body and thanks me for being dumb and not testing other bikes.

A longer stem would be cheaper . . . .

gbb

Legendary Member
ChrisUK said:
woop woop just been into town and tried a couple of them i now know which size i need its just choosing between

http://www.evanscycles.com/products...-105-10-speed-compact-2008-road-bike-ec000024

http://www.evanscycles.com/products...loce-10-speed-compact-2008-road-bike-ec000023

I dont really know anything about the campagnolo components are they similar to the shimano??

Chris...First one with Shimano 105
On the plus side, you get pedals,
On the minus, you get Tiagra (WH-R500) wheels...

Second one, with Campag Veloce

On the plus side, you get the Ambrosio/ Miche wheelset...i've had two Bianchis with these wheels....never let me down, fairly bombproof.
Also, it just seems right to have an Italian bike with an Italian groupset.
On the minus, you get no pedals.

There's nothing else that's really relevent between them

If it were my choice i'd go for the Campag equipped bike. It's only (:biggrin: it's not my money) £50 extra...i really dont like the Tiagra wheels, so i'm biased somewhat.

PaulB

Legendary Member
ChrisUK said:

On the whole, yes. As for your previous question regarding differences between Shimano and Campag, it comes down to personal preference mainly. On the whole, "proper" cyclists have more affection for Italian-made Campag, all the more so given it is on that Italian bike in your instance here. I actually have that bike but when I first started out, I bought a Bianchi 1885 with Japanese-made Shimano. The reasoning was that the hoods were higher and bulkier and as a novice, I felt them to be safer and more comfortable on longer rides. Now however, I have a preference for Campag but a lot of manufacturers now are not giving you the option. A lot of retailers such as Edinburgh bikes offer the majority of geared bikes only with Shimano. At the end of the day, it's up to you and what you think looks and feels right. I can honestly say I've had many hundreds (thousands) of trouble-free miles on both systems now and I don't think you'll go far wrong with either.

OP
OP
C

ChrisUK

if it was just 50 quid then id go for that one but i guess its another 50 for a set of pedals, all starts to build up lol

PaulB

Legendary Member
ChrisUK said:
if it was just 50 quid then id go for that one but i guess its another 50 for a set of pedals, all starts to build up lol

You're not paying full whack for it are you? Always ask for at least 10% off (if you don't ask you won't get) and see what they'll do. They knocked £50 off that same bike for me and threw the pedals in free when I bought mine. Only fools pay the price on the ticket. You should use that as a negotiation guide only.

OP
OP
C

ChrisUK

hmmm not really sure how good my negotiating skills are, might say to them tommorow that I'll buy the bike there and then if they chuck in free pedals

PaulB

Legendary Member
ChrisUK said:
hmmm not really sure how good my negotiating skills are, might say to them tommorow that I'll buy the bike there and then if they chuck in free pedals

NOOOO! Let them make the first move and you may get more than you reckon. You never know what their agenda is. They might have just got in a new stock and need to make room or the salesman might need a specific number of sales for his commission, anything. Ask them what they're going to do to tempt you in but show some steel when you do and make free pedals the absolute minimum you'll accept.

OP
OP
C

ChrisUK

the two I'm going to choose from are on the previous page both bianchi sat on a few the other night and found that I need a 57 frame

OP
OP
C

ChrisUK

oh also guys I'm going to Evans a friend of mine said the chance of them giving me anything extra was minimal as they are a big chain

PaulB

Legendary Member
ChrisUK said:
oh also guys I'm going to Evans a friend of mine said the chance of them giving me anything extra was minimal as they are a big chain

Absolute rubbish. That's loser talk put about by the big chains to head people off at the pass; don't fall for it. Anyone who pays the price on the ticket deserves what he gets. I got a discount AND pedals on exactly the bike you are thinking of getting from that very store (don't know your branch; I got mine from the one on Deansgate in Manchester). Don't let such negativity into your head.

Top Bottom