Bib shorts.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
What good quality, well padded and comfortable bib shorts that will not give me a sure bum after 30 miles? Please, what shop and how much to expect to pay?

Craft are very good and comfortable. Not sure of their availability in the UK, though.

For example:

https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/15906815/craft-men-s-rise-bib-shorts-15906815

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Like saddles they are very personal, although I do find that generally you do get more comfort for more money. My long distance bib is anything with the Castelli endurance pad, but I can get close to perfection with Endura.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
For price and quality I really like DHB.
However as with all these type things, what is good for one person is not necessarily good for another.

I was wondering the same a few years ago and bought some Planet X 365's as a relatively cheap experiment. Most of my rides are in the 30 to 50 mile range however I do up to 100 miles from time to time. I've bought a few more sets since however they seem to last well, I still use the first ones I bought. There may be better, however I have no wish to do the research.

https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CLPXP3BS/planet-x-pro-line-365-x-bib-shorts

U

User169

Rapha Core bibs are the ones I've had that give best bang for buck. Tried more expensive ones from Rapha which I haven't liked as much.

Café du Cycliste are my faves.

Rapha Core bibs are the ones I've had that give best bang for buck. Tried more expensive ones from Rapha which I haven't liked as much.

Café du Cycliste are my faves.

Another vote for the Raphas and I have no issues with other Rapha shorts(pro team and cargo);these are used with Brooks Cambium saddles and pad/saddle interface is usually a factor,unfortunately this is usually a suck it(or sit on it) and see scenario.

Also good (for me) are This Is Cambridge and Chapeau.

Broadside

Guru
I use the higher end DHB shorts which have a pad for longer rides, I find them pretty good.

I have also got a pair of Castelli bib shorts which were a bit more than DHB but the pad (for me) is amazing.

dhd.evans

Veteran
FDX are cheap and cheerful; best bang for buck IMHO. I own bib longs, big 3/4 and big shorts from them.

Recently purchased Decathlon Triban bib shorts in the same sizing i would get FDX (Medium). I am not medium in Decathlon sizes... (size 34 waist).

Top Bottom