bib tights or shorts that hide your junk

Discussion in 'Components, Accessories and Clothing' started by double0jedi, 1 Mar 2018.

Tags:
  1. double0jedi

double0jedi Well-Known Member

I commute to work, it is only a short way away so to make it worth while I go a long way out of my way. Its about a 14 mile journey in and I do find the most comfortable clothing to wear is cycle specific. However, when I get to work I have to walk past a lot of people and while the sensible part of me says that I don't give a monekys, part of me is a bit self conscious of the lycra look. I do get a bit of micky taking and sometimes I am very aware of how exposed you can feel in tights or shorts
    Does anyone have any experience with tights or bib shorts that have a larger, more "covering" pad?

2. screenman

screenman Legendary Member

Ron Hill bottoms would suit the job.

Drago and double0jedi like this.
  3. gavroche

gavroche Getting old but not past it

At my age, I stopped caring what people think when I wear cycling related clothing. My own comfort is more important.

4. Slick

Slick Veteran

I'm not sure what age you are but I certainly know what you mean. I have long since given up caring what others think.

5. I slide 15" of pipe lagging down the left thigh to give some something interesting to gawp at.

Davos87, mjr, steveindenmark and 9 others like this.
  6. Slick

Slick Veteran

:laugh::laugh:

Drago likes this.
  7. Julia9054

Julia9054 Veteran

I have a pair of Shimano cycling trousers which I wear over pants with a pad. In the summer, mtb shorts.

8. Foghat

Foghat Veteran

Assos pads go up the highest at the front of any shorts I've tried, and are wide enough too. Avoid Castelli at all costs if you want things covered.

Last edited: 1 Mar 2018
    Drago likes this.
  9. Aye, Ron Hill Bikesters would do the job.

screenman likes this.
  10. ColinJ

ColinJ A big clot!

I quite often wear Endura Humvee baggy 3/4 shorts these days (as in my current avatar photo).

A bigger picture.

Colin in Endura baggies.jpg

They can be a bit too warm in hot weather, but that warmth is a plus in cooler weather. The belt is not super-comfy if you have a fat waist (I have recently) but is fine if you are slim/slim-ish (I'm getting back to that).

ADarkDraconis, User45 and Cycleops like this.
  11. winjim

winjim A youth of interminable age

I'm slim and I had to throw the belt away. I think Endura's sizing is a bit inconsistent though, I have small humvees and medium singletrack 3/4s IIRC.

Back on topic, my head of dept has personally thanked me for wearing baggies over my tights. Not everybody at work does...

ADarkDraconis likes this.
  12. Google "tucking".

You'll probably need safe search off.

:biggrin:

FishFright and raleighnut like this.
  13. ColinJ

ColinJ A big clot!

I can't do that - the stud fastener on my (XL) Humvees gave up under the strain! :whistle: :blush:

PS Which reminds me - I must sew a large button on them to replace the missing stud, ready for when I can put the tights away for another 8 months or so.

winjim likes this.
  14. cosmicbike

cosmicbike Perhaps This One..... Moderator

Same issue for me, though no requirement for @Drago pipe insulation^_^

I wear M&S cycling chino's over the top in Winter, and MTB shorts in Summer. Saves my workmates taking the urine

15. winjim

winjim A youth of interminable age

You mean "man, woman, bulldog".

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice