bib tights or shorts that hide your junk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

double0jedi

I commute to work, it is only a short way away so to make it worth while I go a long way out of my way. Its about a 14 mile journey in and I do find the most comfortable clothing to wear is cycle specific. However, when I get to work I have to walk past a lot of people and while the sensible part of me says that I don't give a monekys, part of me is a bit self conscious of the lycra look. I do get a bit of micky taking and sometimes I am very aware of how exposed you can feel in tights or shorts
Does anyone have any experience with tights or bib shorts that have a larger, more "covering" pad?

screenman

Legendary Member
Ron Hill bottoms would suit the job.

Foghat

Freight-train-groove-rider
Does anyone have any experience with tights or bib shorts that have a larger, more "covering" pad?

Assos pads go up the highest at the front of any shorts I've tried, and are wide enough too. Avoid Castelli at all costs if you want things covered.

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
Ron Hill bottoms would suit the job.

Aye, Ron Hill Bikesters would do the job.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I quite often wear Endura Humvee baggy 3/4 shorts these days (as in my current avatar photo).

A bigger picture.

Colin in Endura baggies.jpg

They can be a bit too warm in hot weather, but that warmth is a plus in cooler weather. The belt is not super-comfy if you have a fat waist (I have recently) but is fine if you are slim/slim-ish (I'm getting back to that).

winjim

Smash the cistern
I quite often wear Endura Humvee baggy 3/4 shorts these days (as in my current avatar photo).

A bigger picture.

View attachment 398129

They can be a bit too warm in hot weather, but that warmth is a plus in cooler weather. The belt is not super-comfy if you have a fat waist (I have recently) but is fine if you are slim/slim-ish (I'm getting back to that).
I'm slim and I had to throw the belt away. I think Endura's sizing is a bit inconsistent though, I have small humvees and medium singletrack 3/4s IIRC.

Back on topic, my head of dept has personally thanked me for wearing baggies over my tights. Not everybody at work does...

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Same issue for me, though no requirement for @Drago pipe insulation^_^

I wear M&S cycling chino's over the top in Winter, and MTB shorts in Summer. Saves my workmates taking the urine

Top Bottom