Bib type padded shorts......NEVER NEVER...(well until today:) )

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
As per my previous threads........
Back into cycling this year (after 50 year lay-off) and invested in cycling shorts. And........
  • Got myself some decent (Funkier) shorts.
  • Recently decided I needed better and posted for advice on CC
  • Lots of people said "must be bib shorts"
  • I said to myself.........NEVER :smile:
  • Today I bought myself some Endura Pro Bib shorts.
I will find out on Sunday if I've made a wise choice :smile: :smile: :smile:

Bianchi boy

Über Member
You have ^_^

Buck

Guru
As per my previous threads........
Back into cycling this year (after 50 year lay-off) and invested in cycling shorts. And........
  • Got myself some decent (Funkier) shorts.
  • Recently decided I needed better and posted for advice on CC
  • Lots of people said "must be bib shorts"
  • I said to myself.........NEVER :smile:
  • Today I bought myself some Endura Pro Bib shorts.
I will find out on Sunday if I've made a wise choice :smile: :smile: :smile:

Good choice Dave and once you find a pair of bibs that fit, you'll not go back to shorts as your first choice.

Brandane

Legendary Member
I tried bib shorts and found that the bits that go over your shoulder tends to rub against the old raspberry-ripples :ohmy:. Being quite susceptible to "joggers nipple" at the best of times, I found them exceedingly uncomfortable over any sort of distance. Maybe I was unlucky with the cut of material used by that particular brand, but I prefer shorts.
Fellow weak bladdered males may also find them a bit awkward at the roadside........

I tried bib shorts and found that the bits that go over your shoulder tends to rub against the old raspberry-ripples :ohmy:. Being quite susceptible to "joggers nipple" at the best of times, I found them exceedingly uncomfortable over any sort of distance. Maybe I was unlucky with the cut of material used by that particular brand, but I prefer shorts.
Fellow weak bladdered males may also find them a bit awkward at the roadside........
Wear a base layer on your top half and the straps will be on top of the base layer fabric - chafing sorted.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
I too was very dubious about wearing lycra, let alone bib shorts, when I returned to cycling.

6 months in I've now got 3 pairs of bib shorts and have just ordered a pair of bib tights for the colder months. :okay:

Top Bottom