Bib type padded shorts......NEVER NEVER...(well until today:) )

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
[QUOTE="Brandane, post: 3885448, member: 8443"
Fellow weak bladdered males may also find them a bit awkward at the roadside........[/QUOTE]

Aha!!
The guy in the shop gave me a tip :smile: Slip the shoulder straps down for some 'give' and you can get the "old man" out as you would with shorts.
I said......"OK--I will buy them with one condition. After my shower tomorrow (now today) I will try that. If it works I will keep them & if it doesn't I return them"
He agreed.........today I tried it..........and I am keeping them :smile:

russ.will

Slimboy Fat
Eeh? Just drag the old man out over the top of your waste band, water the horse and coil it back in when you're done. Job done and no need to dis-robe.

kiriyama

As i hesitantly converted to lycra. I bought some cheepo shorts and wheb i was fed up if the waist band i bought some cheepo bibs. They were a huge improvement but didn't fit that well and felt a bit tight. (Also they were quite high at the front so going for pee required some serious yoga) Then I invested in some proper bibs and the difference is very noticeable, well worth the money.

Sillyoldman

Veteran
I tried bib shorts and found that the bits that go over your shoulder tends to rub against the old raspberry-ripples :ohmy:. Being quite susceptible to "joggers nipple" at the best of times, I found them exceedingly uncomfortable over any sort of distance. Maybe I was unlucky with the cut of material used by that particular brand, but I prefer shorts.
Fellow weak bladdered males may also find them a bit awkward at the roadside........

Blob of chamois cream on the nips works for me.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Dave, I wear bib shorts with MTB shorts over the top. If you feel a bit conspicuous that may be the way to go. But bib shorts are great on a bike.

JMAG

Über Member
It's raining, cool and claggy yet again here...:rain:Don't think I've been base layer-less all "summer" this year......

I've not put a base layer on all summer. I was always led to believe that people north of Watford were hard as nails. I believe girls in Newcastle are more resistant to cold weather Maybe you're not northern enough? ;)

Globalti

Legendary Member
Even better than bibs are 3/4 bibs, Roubaix lined, for the months in between summer and winter when you want warmth but it's not cold enough for tights. The fluffy lining keeps the leg muscles at the perfect temperature.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
bib shorts and the thinnest lycra ss jersey I can find. Mind you I wore Roubaix bib tights for a hot London Surrey 100 a couple of yrs ago. Those chilly early mornings.

Top Bottom