Bibs and boobs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peter Armstrong

Über Member
Ha Ha this threads funny

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
:whistle:
Have just got my first pair of bibs so looking forward to the art of peeing in various states of undress lol. :rain:I really don't have an issue with the jokes in these kind of threads .. as long as it works both ways! :evil:

Does it ? Work both ways I mean

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
How long do you guys ride for, so that you need to pee?
I have one before I leave, and even my weak bladder can last 3 hours on a bike.
Yes, but what if you rode a century, or a metric century. You may not have to go during, but soon thereafter. It may be necessary to re-think the cyclists outerwear. At least in terms of standard lycra kit.

Justiffa

So far I've only done 2 centuries and the 100mile/160km is the furthest distance I've done at one go (hope to change that this year by doing a lil touring). for me the padded cycling shorts is a godsend. anything more than 50km of hard cycling would land me a painful derriere and that is something I try to avoid at all cost lol. now bibs are a different matter. I only hv the one bib and I hardly ever use it.... I so do not need the inconvenience nor the hassle of dealing with it when I really really hv to go!!! :sweat:

I also prefer cycling jerseys over tees & sweatshirts bcos it doesn't flap about going against wind & also the deep backpockets. theres an endless number of things I can stash in there :biggrin:

Christopher

Über Member
How about 3/4s with intergrated cycle shorts, like Endura Humvees? Bibshorts are a bit of an investment, fine if your friend is going to be doing a lot of cycling. Advantages of the shorts are modesty (no visible lycra shorts), convenience and some are very wearable off the bike. Disadvantges are that one has the 3/4s and the cycling shorts digging into the waist and in the case of the Enduras I had, the lycra shorts are a bit on the thin side to be worn by themselves. Also I think bibs have to fit well, bit of a gamble with mail order, the 3/4 fit is not so crucial.

She might have a bigger problem with the saddle over the distance. Has she been building up to that distance yet?

I'm fine for a 3 or 4 hour bike ride (despite the diuretics I take). My husband on the other hand won't get 45 mins into a ride without the need to pee despite a 'compulsory' visit before we leave the house. So for a morning ride, I won't go at all, he will have been twice. I get used to 'holding the bikes' and reminding him to remove his hi-viz top before he disappears into the bushes.

All day rides are another matter entirely, but as above. you get used to it and it is really easy to disappear into even thigh height bushes... you just need someone on look out duty! That said I did cause someone to drive off a road in Sweden with what they thought they saw (as opposed to what they actually saw which was nothing) and that was whilst dropping non-bib shorts for a pee.

compo

Veteran

I have a dodgy prostate and can, on occasions, have to go three times an hour because I do not empty my bladder completely each time. Other times I can do a good ride with little trouble.

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Just checked your gender 1st before replying.

For me (geezer) it's a quick Guitarist in Guns n Roses immediately before I start & sometimes again an hour or hour & a half later.

Caused no doubt by my insatiable & probably unhealthy Appetite for Destruction Coffee.

Last edited:

SteCenturion

I am your Father
I think you're just being yourself, sadly.
Both ladies please.

I don't 'know' either of you as such (bar posts on CC) but...

It is very easy to mistake txt in both directions to mean something they don't (sinister implications/bad feeling etc).

I had one recently with another member who didn't like my 'tongue in cheek' quip.
I have found it a 'friendly' forum here at CC Manor.

Forgive & forget ? (both ways, no sides taken by me).

Peace.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Both ladies please.

I don't 'know' either of you as such (bar posts on CC) but...

It is very easy to mistake txt in both directions to mean something they don't (sinister implications/bad feeling etc).

I had one recently with another member who didn't like my 'tongue in cheek' quip.
I have found it a 'friendly' forum here at CC Manor.

Forgive & forget ? (both ways, no sides taken by me).

Peace.

Hi. My comment was meant to be a joke. No offense to anyone intended. :hello:

Top Bottom