Bibs and boobs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
I think the words, there we have it, is needed for the post above, it depends what sort of riding, what style bike, what size bladder, etc.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I hated going to the loo when I wore maternity dungerees ... It was always too draughty! And so I was going to say I wouldn't buy any. But I suddenly remembered I do own a pair .... By pearl Izumi - a similar shape to ,the north wave ones. However I don't pull the up over my shoulders and sort of end up with a spare tyre just above my waist (no they don't fall down either). It's usually the depths of winter when I'm wearing them (so far unworn this winter), so I've usually got enough other layers on that nobody would notice. For me I wouldn't bother buying them again but I may as we'll get my money's worth out of this purchase.

Julia9054

Guru
I have to admit, the winter toilet stops are distinctly chilly. And even more time consuming.

On my hybrid, sitting more upright, I'm not fussed about shorts vs bibs but on the road bike, I prefer bibs - leaning forward means my shorts dig in and I always get a draught up my back. Got to keep your kidneys warm and all that. And I realised on a sportive last year just how much can be exposed when (in this case, all blokes) people wear shorts rather than bibs. :stop:
Ewww! In this case we definitely don't need pics!

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I'm thinking more in terms of comfort; she's quite anxious about this ride and getting stabbing gut pains 50km into the ride will make the last half grim.

That being said I'm judging this on what I'd feel is comfy so I'll try and get her to do a 100k with me before the big day as a trial run.
Andrew, she will be all right, I've done 100km in unpadded leggings and a tee (in the one day of summer we get ha ha!) with no issues, was not even that fit then.

You say that but i'm assuming your "little sister" is code for the cross dressing you like to do at weekends. I have no evidence for this it's just the way world is in my head.

fimm

Veteran
I've done 300km in conventional padded but non-bib shorts. I also have some winter bib longs but I tend to use them for my long commute which is only an hour (so no toilet issues), but my bust is so small it isn't a problem! I have also seen and tried a technique where you pull one leg of your shorts very wide & pee like that which does work.

Peteaud

Veteran
I've done 300km in conventional padded but non-bib shorts. I also have some winter bib longs but I tend to use them for my long commute which is only an hour (so no toilet issues), but my bust is so small it isn't a problem! I have also seen and tried a technique where you pull one leg of your shorts very wide & pee like that which does work.
That does sound difficult and as a male I have a direction device to assist aim.

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
You say that but i'm assuming your "little sister" is code for the cross dressing you like to do at weekends. I have no evidence for this it's just the way world is in my head.

Nah, been there, done that, accidentally wore the dress inside-out:
Wasts-wedding-reception.jpg

(that's me on the right).

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Realised putting on my 3/4 bibs this afternoon that there are loads of different styles to select and I'd say it's down to personal preference.

I wear my 3/4s in late autumn, winter and early spring with different layers according to temperature. It's no different to wearing a swimming costume, apart from the chamois and legs!
dhb-ladies-vaeon-3-4-bib-tights.jpg

These are my summer shorts which are just high rise shorts (iykwim) with shoulder straps. They sit happily on the side of my breasts and have never rubbed / chafed.
W-Aeron-Race-Bib_White.jpg

Realised putting on my 3/4 bibs this afternoon that there are loads of different styles to select and I'd say it's down to personal preference.

I wear my 3/4s in late autumn, winter and early spring with different layers according to temperature. It's no different to wearing a swimming costume, apart from the chamois and legs!
dhb-ladies-vaeon-3-4-bib-tights.jpg

These are my summer shorts which are just high rise shorts (iykwim) with shoulder straps. They sit happily on the side of my breasts and have never rubbed / chafed.
W-Aeron-Race-Bib_White.jpg

I don't get on with the latter type (shorts) because of the issues relating to breasts and the straps. they did rub for me, but that probably has more to do with size than anything else. I didn't find them comfortable at all.

Top Bottom