Bibs and boobs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
This thread is providing positive distraction to my job of filling my tax return this morning.

:laugh:

Lincov

So, how do you go to the loo in bibs? I mean any loo, not just behind the bushes! Presumably you have to take off your jersey first? Or can you get bibs with some sort of fastening on the straps?

I get the advantages but can't get my head around the practicalities.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
So you end up with nothing on the top half at all and your shorts end up down around your ankles ? So your practically naked and squatting behind a bush in the middle of nowhere?

sheesh. Just get the shorts. At least you will still have a top on. :blush::laugh: that would be totally embarassing and leave a woman feeling completely exposed and vulnerable.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
I own six pairs of bib shorts and have never experienced any rubbing, chafing etc. Mine have two straps as per the men's but (I assume) shaped slightly differently.

Going to the loo is a pain and takes forever as you spend more time taking the top off, bibs down and then getting redressed than you do peeing - I tend to wait til I get home or the coffee stop.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
(Incidentally, can I just say that I'm getting a bit sick of the attitude and "laddish" jokes that seems to be de rigueur whenever there's a women-specific question. It can be really difficult finding the answers on t'internet and when serious questions are asked, a bit of respect in the answers would be a refreshing change.)

I have both types of bib tights - the ones shown above (regretfully the model was not included :sad:) which incidentally I hate (the bib clip over the head is the bit I hate here), and this type.

northwave-venus-bibights-front-2013.jpg

Northwave Ladies Venus Bib Tights

I much prefer the latter - the picture above. I will say that often you don't need a bra with them (they effectively have one built in) but I do wear one for practical purposes (34E and NO PICTURES at least not on this forum :laugh:). There are no issues with straps cutting into the breast with this type and they are exceptionally comfortable. From a bathroom point of view - yes, you have to strip, end of story (hence the bra because at least some of you remains covered and I leave my top around my neck). But I really like these bib tights because they have built in weather protection and wind protection unlike my Assos ones (of above) or my assos non-bib tights. I've just bought my 2nd pair after the first set finally became see through at a certain point at the back after 8 or 9 years of constant use in Autumn/Winter/Spring. Also at this time of year, they are warmer than my assos winter tights because of the additional protection (wind and light rain) and my leg warmers will stay up when worn on the outside of them unlike the Assos tights where the leg warmers just will not stay up at all - assuming it is something to do with the material (I have to keep my legs much warmer because of the dog bite issues relating to a permanently severed artery...)

Gore Bike Wear did do a set of bib shorts that had zips at the rear (one on either side) to allow for better 'access' for women, but I'm not sure they do them anymore - tbh I have not looked again. I have them and am waiting for the summer to sell them.

Peteaud

Veteran
(Incidentally, can I just say that I'm getting a bit sick of the attitude and "laddish" jokes that seems to be de rigueur whenever there's a women-specific question. It can be really difficult finding the answers on t'internet and when serious questions are asked, a bit of respect in the answers would be a refreshing change.)

That must be an issue i am sure, but to be honest i thought this thread has kept pretty much on topic and informative.
As a male i sometimes think that every man is labeled as a leering pervert for even posting in such a thread.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
That must be an issue i am sure, but to be honest i thought this thread has kept pretty much on topic and informative.
As a male i sometimes think that every man is labeled as a leering pervert for even posting in such a thread.
Informative is great, Pete, whether you're male or female. And always, always appreciated. But it's the "we need pictures" comments etc that crop up time and time again. Just wanted to mention it, make people aware that not everyone thinks it's ok on a "friendly community" forum.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Informative is great, Pete, whether you're male or female. And always, always appreciated. But it's the "we need pictures" comments etc that crop up time and time again. Just wanted to mention it, make people aware that not everyone thinks it's ok on a "friendly community" forum.
Report the post, mods will remove it.

We may also start keeping a note of who does it, and persistent offenders may find themselves threadbanned/warned/goolies chopped off/whatever we fancy....!!

Peteaud

Veteran

Fair point.

Personally i got over the fact women have breasts about 3 decades ago :ohmy:. Unfortunately i work in industry, where page 3 and boobs, along with football are the only topics of conversation, trying to have a discussion on any other topic is impossible.

Back on topic..

Mrs Aud just wears shorts and a sports bra.

sazzaa

I think I'd stick with sports bra and shorts, it looks like too much strappage to deal with to me.

(I'm also not a fan of the "we need pics" comments, no need)

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
I have to admit, the winter toilet stops are distinctly chilly. And even more time consuming.

On my hybrid, sitting more upright, I'm not fussed about shorts vs bibs but on the road bike, I prefer bibs - leaning forward means my shorts dig in and I always get a draught up my back. Got to keep your kidneys warm and all that. And I realised on a sportive last year just how much can be exposed when (in this case, all blokes) people wear shorts rather than bibs. :stop:

Top Bottom